This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Idyllic location for exploring the natural beauty of south Shropshire
Walcot Hall Caravan Park is the ultimate venue for camping in Shropshire. Upon arrival in south Shropshire, the campsite is situated to the rear of the Powis Arms public house, at the entrance of the drive to the Hall.
Facilities include heated amenity block with showers, toilets, washing machine, dryer and chemical disposal point.
The on-site pub is very friendly and serves restaurant and bar meals and the village shop is a short walking distance. There are also food shops and a petrol station in nearby Bishop’s Castle.
Well behaved dogs are allowed at the campsite.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Convenience store nearby
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Horseback riding nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Propane/gas cylinders available
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Small (11-25 sites)
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
- Coach stations
Garthmyl (Powys): Coach Stop
— 20.3 kilometres
20.3 kilometres Welshpool: Smithfield Car Park Coach Stop — 24.9 kilometres
24.9 kilometres Newtown (Powys): Bus Station Back Lane — 24.9 kilometres
- Train stations
Broome Rail Station
— 7.1 kilometres
7.1 kilometres Craven Arms Rail Station — 8.7 kilometres
8.7 kilometres Hopton Heath Rail Station — 9.1 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Porth Penrhyn Ferry Landing
— 78.8 kilometres
Birmingham International Airport Terminal 2
— 83.4 kilometres
Just three miles away is the quaint and beautiful market town of Bishop’s Castle, known for its brilliant beers and homemade food. Pubs such as the Three Tuns - renowned for being the oldest licensed brewery in the UK dating back to 1642 - and The Six Bells are famous for their own-brewed ales. The Castle Hotel has a fantastic beer garden with breathtaking views.
Bishop's Castle is a friendly, slightly quirky town offering a variety of independent shops, historic buildings, museums and a selection of good places to eat. The town has six public houses in total, two of which are home-brewing pubs.
There are plenty of walks including the Stipper stones, Bury ditches, Colsty Wood. You can also find the Discovery Centre in Craven arms around 10-minute drive away and Acton Scott Farm near Church Stretton.
- Stokesay Castle (9.6 kilometres)
- Ludlow Castle (19.6 kilometres)
- Powis Castle & Garden (24.4 kilometres)
- Carding Mill Valley and the Shropshire Hills (12.5 kilometres)
- Wilderhope Manor (20.6 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
Walcot Hall Caravan Park cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 day of arrival date.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. Walcot Hall Caravan Park will debit the balance from your card 1 day before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 day then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Walcot Hall Caravan Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Walcot Hall Caravan Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Walcot Hall Caravan Park? Just three miles away is the quaint and beautiful market town of Bishop’s Castle, known for its brilliant beers and homemade food. Pubs such as the Three Tuns - renowned for being ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Walcot Hall Caravan Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – Anytime Depart by: noon