This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Relaxed rural site with stunning views over Cotswolds scenery
- A 10-minute drive to Tewkesbury and 20 minutes to Cheltenham
- Walk a mile through orchards to the Severn Way and local pub
Willow Hill is a peaceful family-friendly Gloucestershire retreat among fields and ancient apple orchards, at a farm just outside the village of Apperley and 20 minutes’ drive from Gloucester.
As you’ll note from the pictures, there’s some splendid scenery around this part of the Cotswolds – and that’s true whether you decide to go out for a walk or stick around on site. For the former, it’s about a mile through the apple orchards to the Severn Way and a riverside pub, or two miles to ancient Odda’s Chapel. Other places to explore nearby include Tewkesbury (10 minutes’ drive), Upton on Severn and the lovely spa town of Cheltenham (both 20 minutes).
Time on site may be spent gazing out over the gorgeous views (particularly at sunrise or sunset), taking riverside walks or settling in at the site's marquee with seating, games, firepit and wifi (handy for those rainy days).
Taking care of self-catering is straightforward here: there’s a barbecue/fire site already set up, and an on-site shop that sells pre-ordered barbecue boxes, breakfast boxes and produce from the kitchen garden. Something to wash it all down? Pick from the range of English wines, beers and spirits, with ice also available to keep it all cool.
Amenities at Willow Hill include toilets, hot showers, a laundry area and electrical points for charging your devices.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Fabulous site with wonderful views, great facilities & staff.
Lovely location and views
From the manager...
Thanks for feedback. We only yesterday had our contracted refuse company pick up - they are short on drivers despite being a national well known company. We clear rubbish from field bins to main bins daily - or so my team are supposed to (will check this happened!!). We pride ourselves on being dog friendly as a farm field site and provide a dog poo bin but should probably - and so will - remind guests and provide those with dogs free bags next time. It has been a season that has pushed us on all sides - and lots to learn and improve with regards to procedure and process and training of casual staff. I am pleased you would recommend and visit again - I do hope and expect you will see improvements next time - thanks for visiting and taking time to feedback. PS that inflatable has been overlooked twice now - focus been on pools - staff wanted me to abandon it and I said no because great for toddlers. Sorry for this, but because so small there is no pumping / filtration so it needs very regular emptying and cleaning (though we do sit a chlorine tablet in it). It will either be there nice and clean next year, or have disappeared! Best, M
From the manager...
Thanks for the feedback. We were obviously not friendly enough to tell you where the chemical waste and grey water waste points are - I am sorry for this. We need to improve the welcome information for campers. The bulbs in the marquee we put up for the free use of campers in rainy weather were and are replaced when smashed. I should add we have brought two croquet sets, two badminton sets, various board games, boules, ginat jengo, connect 4 etc etc this summer and invested thousands in furniture - including picnic tables, parasols, lately sun loungers, and rattan furniture. For the sake of a tear I thought that sofa better in than out. The team are tasked to tidy the marquee daily but we have lost plenty of games and toys, probably 20-30 ping pong balls, sets of shuttle cocks etc. Next season we will have a sign in / out policy to better protect games etc. for benefit of all. There is no football pitch in the middle of the camp site. Campers must have moved the goal posts there. We like to set as few rules as possible but again - we can learn from this. IE goals not to be moved. You are the first to feedback on the washing up facility being too low. It is set at standard height - we bought and installed professional kitchen standard stainless steel double washing up stands and plumbing.
The pool - brand new this year - suffered a leak due to misuse and was drained and repaired as quickly as possible.
We.no longer run electric for campers unless specifically asked by a returning customer. There is lots we will rethink as we progress our journey and I would hope you may visit next year and enjoy a better experience. Best, M
Beautiful location. Relaxed site with a small shop and breakfast …
From the manager...
Thanks for review. We will be adding an additional shower and adding 'stable doors' for next season.
Excellent across the board
Dedicated toilet facility per glamping unit
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
- Coach stations
— 5.8 kilometres
5.8 kilometres The Crescent — 5.8 kilometres
5.8 kilometres Prince of Wales — 7.2 kilometres
- Train stations
Ashchurch for Tewkesbury Rail Station
— 8.7 kilometres
8.7 kilometres Cheltenham Spa Rail Station — 8.9 kilometres
8.9 kilometres Gloucester Rail Station — 9.3 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Sharpness Old Docks
— 31.2 kilometres
31.2 kilometres Lydney Harbour — 33.6 kilometres
— 6.7 kilometres
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Tewkesbury (abbey and heritage visitor centre): 10 minutes
- Tewkesbury Park (golf and spa): 10 minutes
- Croft Farm Water Park: 15 minutes
- Malvern Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty: 15 minutes
- Cheltenham (Regency spa town with gardens, museum and Pump Room): 20 minutes
- Upton on Severn (river boat trips and festival events): 20 minutes
- Showborough House Sculpture Garden: 20 minutes
- Eastnor Castle: 25 minutes
- The International Centre for Birds of Prey: 25 minutes
- Sudeley Castle: half an hour.
- Tewkesbury Abbey (5.7 kilometres)
- Gloucester Cathedral (9.2 kilometres)
- Gloucester Quays (9.9 kilometres)
- Ashleworth Tithe Barn (5.0 kilometres)
- Bredon Barn (10.8 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Willow Hill have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Willow Hill dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Willow Hill? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Tewkesbury (abbey and heritage visitor centre): 10 minutes - Tewkesbury Park (golf and spa): 10 minutes - Croft Farm Water Park: 15 minutes - Malvern Hills … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Willow Hill?
Camping and touring Arrive: 10 a.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.