This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Basic but peaceful campsite in the Peak District National Park
- A 10-minute drive from Buxton; Bakewell 30 minutes
- A short walk from the river Dove; spectacular views from the pitches
Brandend Camping is a small, basic but scenic site surrounded by the hills and forests of the Derbyshire Peak District. Set away from the crowds but within a 10-minute drive of the fab spa town of Buxton, this spot is well-suited to peaceful breaks, hiking holidays and visits to many of the best visitor attractions in the national park.
The site has excellent views over the local landscape and is a short walk from the river Dove. It's also about four miles from Three Shires Head, a popular waterside hiking spot, while the flat and easy paths of the Tissington Trail are a short drive from base.
Brandside Camping has simple facilities including portaloo toilets. Dogs are welcome to come and join in on your breaks here throughout the camping season. The closest coffee shop, pub and bus stop are located just over a mile away at the junction with the A53, so it's possible to stay here if you're considering leaving the car at home.
Being so close to Buxton is a big plus too, as the town has plenty of restaurants, bars, supermarkets and gift shops to browse, as well as top attractions like a Go Ape and the Poole's Cavern caves.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Beautiful campsite with stunning views and delightfully friendly hostA
Lovely place to pitch a tent. Stunning views of the Peak District.
Excellent campsite, amazing land owners and an incredible experience
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Very nice and quiet area with beautiful view. They just …
24+ hour ventilation between accommodation guests
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: one group at a time
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Extra spacing in seated areas
Hand sanitizing stations
Meal delivery to unit/site/outdoor seated area
Removal of soft furnishings (e.g. decorative cushions)
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No hot water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
— 5.1 kilometres
5.1 kilometres Market Place — 5.1 kilometres
5.1 kilometres Buxton Road — 17.1 kilometres
- Train stations
Buxton Rail Station
— 5.5 kilometres
5.5 kilometres Dove Holes Rail Station — 10.2 kilometres
10.2 kilometres Chapel-en-le-Frith Rail Station — 11.2 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Liverpool Pier Head Ferry Terminal
— 74.1 kilometres
Manchester Airport Terminal 3
— 27.9 kilometres
27.9 kilometres Manchester Airport — 28.1 kilometres
28.1 kilometres Manchester Airport Terminal 1 — 28.3 kilometres
Local attractions and activities include:
- Go Ape Buxton: 10 minutes’ drive
- Poole's Cavern: 10 minutes
- Buxton Opera House: 10 minutes
- Leek: 15 minutes
- Bakewell: 30 minutes
- Alton Towers: 30 minutes
- Treak Cliff Cavern: 30 minutes
- Chatsworth House: 35 minutes.
- Lyme Park & Gardens (NT) (16.2 kilometres)
- Haddon Hall (18.2 kilometres)
- Hare Hill Gardens (NT) (18.6 kilometres)
- Lyme Park (17.8 kilometres)
- Biddulph Grange Garden (17.9 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||noon –||5 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
|Arrive:||noon –||5 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Brandend Camping cancellation policy
No refunds within 2 days of arrival date.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Brandend Camping will debit the balance from your card 2 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 2 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Brandend Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Brandend Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Brandend Camping? Local attractions and activities include: - Go Ape Buxton: 10 minutes’ drive - Poole's Cavern: 10 minutes - Buxton Opera House: 10 minutes - Leek: 15 minutes - Bakewell: 30 minutes - … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Brandend Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 5 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: noon – 5 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.