How does the booking system work?
Here's how the process works for bookable parks:
- Manager specifies site types, allocation, prices, extras and minimum-stay rules (all changeable at any time).
- Pitchup.com displays matching accommodation and prices to the user at the top of search results.
- We take the booking via a simple one-page booking form, taking our commission as a deposit, and send a confirmation email, copied to your email address. All bookings are also displayed in the "Bookings" tab across the top of your manager portal.
- The park collects the remaining balance from the customer on arrival, or if you are signed up to Payup to collect payment in advance, the remaining balance will be automatically debited from the customer’s payment card on the payment ‘due date’. Pitchup.com calculates this using the payment date settings entered in your portal and the payment will be made direct to your Stripe account. Where the booking is payable ‘as soon as possible', Pitchup.com will take the full payment at the time of booking and the balance payment will go directly into your Stripe account. You can specify your own cancelation and payment policies - all customizable on Pitchup.com.
- No further commission is due.