This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Scenic Copper River Valley park on the banks of Tolsona Creek
- A 15-minute drive from Glennallen, 90 minutes from Wrangell-St Elias
- Roadhouse tavern, homemade meals, baked goods, liquor store, fishing
Fishing for peaceful hols away from the crowds? Point tyres towards Ranch House Lodge RV Campground, a family-friendly park 15 minutes’ drive from the Alaskan settlement of Glennallen.
This is a top place to stop overnight when touring the Alaskan wilderness, but longer stays come highly recommended. It’s in the stunningly scenic Copper River valley and there’s plenty nearby to make at least a few days worthwhile: there’s hiking, biking, berry picking, boating and aurora borealis viewing 40 minutes away at Lake Louise, salmon fishing on the Klutina and Gulkana rivers within half an hour, and grayling and trout fishing in the Tolsona Creek, which runs along the edge of the park.
If that’s not enough time in the great wide open, a slightly longer car journey will bring you to the edge of Wrangell-St Elias National Park and Reserve. At 13.2 million acres, it’s the largest national park in the US (roughly the same size as Switzerland). It’s particularly remote and there aren’t too many trails to follow, so be well prepared if venturing in and consult with the park rangers before wanders begin.
That’ll build up some hefty appetites, so luckily there’s a historical roadhouse tavern on site. It was built in the late 1940s, but the food is much fresher… Order up a homemade meal or some baked goods, and be sure to try the award-winning chilli. Drop into the Ranch House liquor store on the way back to home base to pick up some drinks for the evening, and unwind under the stars.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Don't have the skills to make it in Wrangell-St Elias, but want to see the mammoth National Park anyway? It’s 20 minutes’ drive from the site to McCarthy airport, which runs 'flightseeing' tours over the icy volcanic park. Try and spot the active Mount Wrangell during flyovers, and keep eyes peeled for Bagley icefield (the biggest outside the poles) and the world’s longest valley glacier – no easy feat, as 60% of Alaska's glaciers are right here.
This is gold rush country too… Learn about everything that glitters 35 minutes from the site at the George Ashby Memorial Museum, which is full of Russian artefacts, pieces of indigenous cultural history, and exhibits on the mining of gold and copper, as well as items from Wrangell-St Elias’s Kennecott Copper Mine (five hours away).
If lengthier jaunts appeal, or even just for those lucky enough to be travelling onwards on sprawling hols, it’s three hours from base to Anchorage (Alaska’s largest city) and its botanical gardens, bird sanctuary, indoor waterpark and walking trails.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Ranch House Lodge RV Campground have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Ranch House Lodge RV Campground dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Ranch House Lodge RV Campground? Don't have the skills to make it in Wrangell-St Elias, but want to see the mammoth National Park anyway? It’s 20 minutes’ drive from the site to McCarthy airport, which runs 'flightseeing' … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Ranch House Lodge RV Campground?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: noon – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m. On-park accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.