This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Two minutes' walk from the town of Santo Domingo de la Calzada
- Near the pilgrims' route of the Camino de Santiago
- Pool, sports area and bar with an open terrace
Ever wandered the pilgrims' route of the Camino de Santiago? One of its comeliest towns is Santo Domingo de la Calzada, with its crisscross of medieval streets that are now a National Historic Interest Site. (And the wine/food around here is really rather special too.)
Just two minutes' walk away from town is Camping Bañares, a peaceful and relaxing place where you can settle down in the La Rioja countryside – and rather handy as if you're doing the Camino de Santiago you'll likely have tired feets. It's also a nifty base if you're around in colder months, as it's only about 30 minutes from Valdezcaray ski resort.
Facilities on site include a swimming pool and a sports area, two reception areas and a bar with an open terrace. The entertainment laid on in the summer for both grownups and smalls covers a wide range of activities like games, crafts, competitions, food tastings and excursions.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent sites
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Very large (over 200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
You might have heard of La Rioja as a fairly famed wine region... so take advantage of your Camping Bañares locale with forays to the most famed wineries in the area like Monasterios de Yuso and Suso y Cañas.
The nearby towns of Santo Domingo de la Calzada, Ezcaray, Haro, Najera, Logroño are also famed in the area, both for their architecture and for being on the Camino de Santiago route; Santo Domingo de la Calzada has a Pilgrims' Hospital to see as well as its medieval streets and cathedral.
For outdoorsy pursuits, Camping Bañares is next to the Via Verde bike trail running all the way to Ezcaray; a golf course is in Cirueña four kilometres away; the hikes of the Sierra de la Demanda are within easy reach, and horse riding and fishing are both available in the local area.
- Does Camping Bañares have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Bañares dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Bañares? You might have heard of La Rioja as a fairly famed wine region... so take advantage of your Camping Bañares locale with forays to the most famed wineries in the area like … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Bañares?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 8 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. Depart by: noon