This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful mountain site set on a plateau overlooking the Sierra Nevada
- Next to the Canales Reservoir and a kilometre from Güéjar Sierra
- Pool and a solarium with views over the lake and the mountains
There's loads to do on and around spectacularly set Camping Las Lomas in Andalucia… but you may just decide to plonk yourself down and take in these splendid mountain views instead.
This lovely landscape a kilometre from the Granada town of Güéjar Sierra – popular with tourists for decades – has loads to gaze upon in its surroundings – and loads to do around and about too. It's 1,100 metres above sea level on a plateau overlooking the Sierra Nevada mountain range, on the edge of the Sierra Nevada National Park, and close to outdoor activities at the neighbouring Canales Reservoir.
Get as active or as idle as you like from this peaceful place: for the former, the park organises guided hiking tours around the surrounding peaks in summer; canoeing and fishing are top picks in the reservoir and river, and bike paths meander around the water.
For the latter, not much could be more mighty in the serene stakes than a long, long lie on a lounger in the solarium, cold drink to hand, and views of the lake and the Sierra Nevada to your front. A pretty site pool is also to hand, and there are plenty of non-water facilities too, including a miniature golf course, a small basketball court, ping pong tables and a playground. Kids' activities are arranged in summer.
Foodwise, take your pick from picnics pitchside, to tuck into groceries and freshly baked bread from the site supermarket or the shops in town. Or (recommended), let someone else do the food prep and have meals at the Las Lomas restaurant, which serves cuisine typical of the area such as the famed cold soup dish gazpacho andaluz (also recommended).
And then? The heated amenity block houses a dry sauna that accommodates two adults.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
heaven on earth. Great for kids!
Good sized pitches. Personal olive and oak trees for shade. …
Views are incredible. Pitches are generally big but take your …
OMG loved it. Stunning views, lovely town
Beautiful scenery, friendly staff, good pitches
Would recommend and stay again
Love to go back again highly recommend
The spectacular views and the quiet site for relaxing. There …
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
After a day or two on site taking in the views, the pool and the gazpacho, take a scenic stroll to Güejar Sierra, about a kilometre away. It's been a popular tourist destination since the 1920s, for its spectacular setting, its houses made from the former tramway's abandoned sleeper cars, and its starting point for the famed hiking path of the Vereda de la Estrella. Buses run from the village to Granada several times daily.
The land surrounding the Canales Reservoir is networked by cycle paths and walking routes; one of the area's most popular trails follows an old tramway along the reservoir and takes the intrepid through old tramway tunnels and over bridges.
Other must-sees within easy reach are the world-famed palace and fortress complex of Alhambra, Granada Cathedral and the Royal Chapel of Granada with its tombs of Catholic monarchs, all within easy reach.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Las Lomas have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Las Lomas dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Las Lomas? After a day or two on site taking in the views, the pool and the gazpacho, take a scenic stroll to Güejar Sierra, about a kilometre away. It's been a popular tourist … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Las Lomas?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 11 a.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: noon