This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Quiet riverside site in the middle of Kolpa Regional Park
- On the banks of the Kolpa, with fishing, beach and boat hire
- Restaurant and riverside terrace bar serving drinks and snacks
Stari Pod Campsite? Simply splendid.
This stellar Slovenian site is on the banks of the Kolpa River by Adlešiči village in Bela Krajina (White Carniola), a region filled with rivers and lakes, green hills and forests of silver birch trees. It's in the Kolpa Regional Park – outdoor activities such as canoeing, fishing, walking and cycling all within easy reach, natch… along with waterfalls and wild swimming, castles and wineries… and Zagreb and Ljubljana well within two hours.
Staying close to your waterside home (as you'll likely plot to once you see the site pics), you can fish, raft or boat on the Kolpa straight from the site, or stretch out on the beach for sunny and snoozy Slovenian times. Or take the crew into the water rather than on or by it: the Kolpa river is warm and its deepest point next to Stari Pod is a little under two metres, making it safe for those not of a grownup size.
Stari Pod has a riverside terrace bar serving drinks and snacks as well as a restaurant serving local specialities; alternatively, you can make a reservation for a picnic on the banks of the Kolpa (hugely recommended) or have your own barbecue around the grounds. The area around the site has villages, vineyards and farms where you can try out the region's culinary specialities, such as the traditional Bela Krajina fry-up, žlikrofi (stuffed dumplings), povitica (cheese-filled dessert bread) and flatbread – all, also, hugely recommended…
Bike hire is available nearby if you want to pack up a picnic and take a day trip out to explore Kolpa Regional Park on two wheels. For an early pitstop, local village Adlešiči is a kilometre and a half away.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Super miejsce przy ślicznej rzeczce, pyszne jedzenie, świetny klimat, fajna …
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
When getting close by car, please drive from Adlešiči towards the site - do NOT take drive from Gorenjci pri Adllesicih as this road leads to the wrong direction.
Rent a boat on site to take out onto the Kolpa meandering alongside, or venture further with a row from Adlešiči to Žuniči eight kilometres upstream, among the spectacular greenery and peace of the Kolpa Regional Park (look out for herons nesting way up high as you pass the forest reserves of Marindolska loza and Hrastova loza).
Digging into local history, drive 25 minutes to the Croatian border to Metlika Castle, a 15th-century fortress above the old town. The castle is now a museum with the Kambič Gallery and its paintings by Slovenian artists, permanent collections on the culture of White Carniola, and the Metlika Slovene Firefighting Museum in the castle stables and other outbuildings.
Further away, for travelling onwards on your Slovenia trip or taking a day trip from Stari Pod, Zagreb is an hour and 15 minutes' drive away and Ljubljana an hour and three quarters.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Stari Pod Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Stari Pod Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Stari Pod Campsite? Rent a boat on site to take out onto the Kolpa meandering alongside, or venture further with a row from Adlešiči to Žuniči eight kilometres upstream, among the spectacular greenery and peace … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Stari Pod Campsite?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 3 p.m. On-park accommodation Arrive: 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 2 p.m.