This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Friendly site in colourful art-filled Algarve gardens
- A five-minute drive from Pêra and 10 minutes from beaches
- Swimming pool, massages and bar; food served several times a week
Gorgeous gardens, colourful birds flitting about the place and a collection of arty pieces all around – it may surprise you not a jot to hear that your host Mikki (for it is she that has named Mikki’s Place To Stay) is an artist.
It’s not just the space that’s got a real personal touch to it; you can also look forward to a friendly welcome at this amiable Algarve site five minutes’ drive from Pêra. Once settled in, it’s highly recommended that you start with a stroll around the site, taking in the fruit trees, veg gardens and the sculptures scattered around. Keep an eye out for the rare-breed chickens as you wander, too – some of their hairdos are rather spectacular...
Also tucked away within the gardens are a freeform pool to cool off in, brightly tiled bathrooms and a comfy lounge/bar area. Cheffing pals cook up pastries on a daily basis and serve up themed meals a few times a week (keep an eye out for details of piri-piri chicken night and barbecue evenings, for example) and Mikki can also summon masseurs along to the site to pummel away any stress you've brought along.
If you can bear to tear yourself away from all this, many days out await beyond the gardens – the Algarve’s excellent beaches are a 10-minute drive away and the site is also within easy reach of a waterpark, marine park and the fab FIESA sand sculpture festival.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
We had a lovely stay at Mikkis & are planning to return next month
The campsite was a dream!
Walking distance to zoo marine
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent sites
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Motorhome service point
Tourer storage facilities
Water hook-up points for tourers
Say ‘Algarve’ to most folk and the first thing that springs to mind is ‘beaches’. And with good reason, for there are several fine specimens around the area; it’s an area that often crops up on lists of the world’s best. The nearest sandy stretch here is at Armação de Pêra (10 minutes’ drive), but the sandy cove at Praia da Coelha and the nature reserve around Praia do Salgados (both 15 minutes) are also worth seeking out.
Those sandy beaches are clearly a source of inspiration for many, judging by the spectacular sculptures constructed every year for the FIESA international sand sculpture festival. A new display is developed every year at a park 15 minutes’ walk from Mikki’s and is generally open from spring through to the end of autumn.
It’s not all about the sands though – the coast also has some super sea caves to seek out; head over to the beach at Benagil (25 minutes) to join a paddleboarding tour to nearby Benagil caves. For other days out, zoom down the waterslides at Aqualand (10 minutes) or walk to the Zoomarine park (20 minutes) to feed the rays and gawp at the dolphins’ antics.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Mikki's Place To Stay have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Mikki's Place To Stay dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Mikki's Place To Stay? Say ‘Algarve’ to most folk and the first thing that springs to mind is ‘beaches’. And with good reason, for there are several fine specimens around the area; it’s an area that … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Mikki's Place To Stay?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-park accommodation Arrive: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Depart by: noon