This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Spacious farm site on the Walcheren peninsula
- 10 minutes' walk to beach; 10 minutes' walk to town centre
- Play area, games room, go-karts, and farm animals to meet
There aren't many places you can call a 'former island'. Walcheren is one, originally floating in the North Sea before being anchored to the continent by Dutch know-how. It still preserves that island feeling, with the sea on four sides and local traditions proudly celebrated. 'A seagull cries, a nightingale sings', the locals say; Walcheren is a rare spot where you'll find forest and dunes, fields and sea sitting right beside each other.
Boerderijcamping Zuiderhoeve sums the region up perfectly, an arable farm a five-minute drive from the coast. This roomy and tidy site extends a special welcome to families (they even kept the animals after converting to arable farming, to keep younger visitors amused). There's a play area with go-karts and a games room on site too, and the laundry and parent-child washrooms make family hols easier re the essentials.
For essentials of the foodie kind, the village of Koudekerke has supermarkets and bakeries serving up local specialities: build yourself a picnic and repair to the dunes for an open-air lunch with North Sea vistas.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Water hook-up points for tourers
There are over 150 kilometres of cycle tracks on Walcheren; the town of Vlissingen (10 minutes' drive away) is a good place to hire them, and to start a route. Take winding lanes through flower-filled fields and towering sand-scapes, all at your own pace.
Ever since the Romans built a port on Walcheren. the sea has been an obvious draw. You can hire boats at Veere, learn to surf at Domburg or kitesurf at Vrouwenpolder, all within a 20-minute drive. The numerous local shipwrecks are a popular destination for divers; Dishoek (four minutes) and Westkapelle (15 minutes) are home to some of the Walcheren's many diving centres.
Nature fans need only look around them on this half-wild peninsula. For encounters with deer and the unique local konik horses, the Oranjezon Nature Reserve (25 minutes) is a favourite with walkers. To get close (but not too close) to bees, visit Grijpskerke (15 minutes) where you can wander through the hives, learn about the life cycle of the bees and best of all, eat the honey.
The towns and villages of the Wachteren manage to be calm, yet buzzing with life. Middelburg (15 minutes) hosts music festivals in the warmer months and its café culture continues throughout the year. Veere (20 minutes) is a cobbled, traditional village with small shops selling local goods. Oostkapelle (20 minutes) tends to be a family fave thanks to its puppet theatre and climbable church steeple.
- Does Boerderijcamping Zuiderhoeve have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Boerderijcamping Zuiderhoeve dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Boerderijcamping Zuiderhoeve? There are over 150 kilometres of cycle tracks on Walcheren; the town of Vlissingen (10 minutes' drive away) is a good place to hire them, and to start a route. Take winding … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Boerderijcamping Zuiderhoeve?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 1 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.