This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Friendly Šćepan Polje site with stunning mountain and forest views
- Day-long rafting trips organised from the site
- Restaurant serving up traditional meals and grilled dishes
If you’re up for a Tara Canyon rafting trip, you’d quite sensibly imagine that a place called Rafting Camp Green Tara would be right up your street.
And of course you’d be correct – the folks at this friendly Šćepan Polje site organise day-long rafting outings for intrepid types, with all travel thrown in and expert guidance on the best tactics for staying in the boat. But that’s not the only option: the gin-clear waters of the Tara river are ripe for fishing too, and there are some excellent hiking trails for those who’ve brought their boots along. Want to roam further? The hardworking (and English-speaking) staff can sort you out with bike or car hire.
Not that you have to even leave the site to start gawping at the gorgeous scenery: the mountain and forest-filled outlook of from here is mighty fine too, and there are some pretty gardens to stroll around while you take it all in. Enough stunning scenery for the moment? Take a break for a game of table tennis or darts or trot over to the bar for a couple of local brewskis.
Active days should all end in a good old feast, of course, so you’ll be wanting to trot over to the restaurant to fill up on tasty morsels, including local hams and cheeses, pasta dishes and meats fresh from the barbecue’s grill.
Tourist board rating
✓ British Sign Language (BSL)
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
We did not end up staying here as they had no idea of my booking.
From the manager...
I think that on this site you have a pictures of my camp. You have place for your tent. About difficult of language it was my mistake because some of that days the girl who works on the reception wasn't on the camp. You just ask me abou price of the room. And I tell you. You gone on other camp that you didn't reserved and that camp was a little bit beter than mine and than you decide that you gone a stay there. I'm sorry that you didn't liked mine camp.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Rafting – but of course. Most folks who come here agree that it’s one of the best ways to see the mighty Tara Canyon (and mighty it is indeed… the second deepest canyon in the world, in fact, playing runner-up only to the Grand Canyon).
Once you’ve splashed your way down the rapids (and yes, you will get exceedingly wet…) you can also try your luck fishing in those same waters, or head out for a hike to peer down upon the cliffs from above. Hikes, bike rides and off-road jeep safaris can also be sorted – have a word in the ear of one of the staff for the lowdown.
If you’re OK with travelling a little further, take a tramp round the gorgeous waters of Lake Piva (40 minutes’ drive) or head down to the mountain-filled Durmitor National Park for many kilometres of walking and bike trails.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Rafting Camp Green Tara have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Rafting Camp Green Tara dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Rafting Camp Green Tara? Rafting – but of course. Most folks who come here agree that it’s one of the best ways to see the mighty Tara Canyon (and mighty it is indeed… the second deepest … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Rafting Camp Green Tara?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: Anytime – 10 p.m. Depart by: noon On-park accommodation Arrive: Anytime – 10 p.m. Depart by: noon
Please arrive before 10pm, or early in the morning for a rafting trip.Read more