This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly beachfront site on Sardinia's Coral Coast
- Direct access to paddleboarding, snorkelling, windsurfing and more
- Bike, scooter, boat, canoe, car and sailboard rental all on site
Watersports and Sardinian-based scootering are a breeze to sort from Campeggio La Mariposa on the island's north-west coast… as are kayaking, boating, cycling and dreamily floating on the water's surface on an inflatable raft.
For guests can hire kit for all the above right on site, to take crafts out onto these blue waters, or take engine- or human-powered wheels out around this spectacular coastline and the ancient old town of Alghero, a few kilometres away.
La Mariposa is a family-friendly site in the Province of Sassari on Sardinia's Riviera del Corallo (or Coral Coast), with direct access to clear waters and a white sandy beach. There's loads to do in the surroundings as well as all the wheeled and watery options available to access on site, such as surfing and underwater cave exploring, natural park mountain biking, over-water paragliding, and high-up cape climbing.
Quite often, however, it's rather restful to lie back and watch others making a sporty effort instead of stirring to do so yourself… If you decide with full determination to do nothing taxing on your seaside hol, the beach sun loungers right next to the site are a top spot from which to eye others getting active, perhaps with a (large) cocktail from the bar or a bite to eat from the site pizzeria…?
There's an internet bar on site too if your surfing is more of the techy kind: you'll probably want to research a bit about nearby Alghero, or about the local marine reserve, or the huge numbers of archaeological sites within easy reach: or – just maybe – how many weeks you can get away with staying here before commitments back home catch up.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Camping très agréable, ombragé, propre et personnel top.
Dobra restauracja na kempingu i wyposażony market.
rapport qualité-prix médiocre
Le positionnement dans la ville, la plage attenante au camping, …
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Access windsurfing, rafting, canoeing, snorkelling and diving straight from Campeggio La Mariposa, in the fine clear waters facing the site. The caves and coves of the Punta Giglio promontory, around the bay of Porto Conte, are more must-sees; you can book hiking tours of about three hours to take you around the promontory and its remaining World War II battlements.
Going way back, archaeological sites are all over Sardinia and many are within a short drive. First up to see should be the necropolis, old walls and seven towers at the medieval harbour city of Alghero, in a spot where humans have been settled since prehistoric times.
Another ancient spot is Neptune's Grotto, about 25 minutes away on Cape Caccia in the Porto Conte natural park: take a boat trip from Alghero to reach the cave and its stalactites, on a guided tour in either Italian or English.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Campeggio La Mariposa have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Campeggio La Mariposa dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Campeggio La Mariposa? Access windsurfing, rafting, canoeing, snorkelling and diving straight from Campeggio La Mariposa, in the fine clear waters facing the site. The caves and coves of the Punta Giglio promontory, around the bay … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Campeggio La Mariposa?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 8 a.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: noon