This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Spacious wooded site in Rhône-Alpes with mountain views
- Mountain hikes from the site; a 10-minute drive to trout fishing
- A 10-minute drive from Vanoise National Park for trails and wildlife
Never mind the mountain air... this one takes your breath away.
As it's surrounded by alpine forests on the edge of the Rhône-Alpes village of Bozel, you might find it hard to move round Camping Bozel Le Chevelu without falling over; the mountain views in this part of France are so fine you’ll struggle to take your eyes off them. You won’t struggle to find your breakfast at least, as the kind folks at Le Chevelu can arrange for fresh bread and croissants every morning. They’ll also hire you a bike and help out with local information.
It’s two minutes' walk from the site to Bozel, a very snappable Savoyard village with an onion-domed church spire and a fine spread of shops, eats and supermarkets. A 10-minute stroll out of town takes you to the swimming lake with pools for bigger and smaller swimmers and a bar-restaurant for those who prefer to watch.
If you’re big on watery antics, you’ll see many spots in Bozel where you can book kayaking and rafting adventures on the nearby Doron and Isère rivers. Get fishing, if that’s your thing, for the waters of both rivers are teeming with brown trout and all you need is a rod and some patience (and a permit from the tourist office in Bozel).
The waters of the Doron are also famed for their healing powers; soak off a day’s exploits in the mountains with a trip to the spa at Pralognan-la-Vanoise, 20 minutes away.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Two paths from the site give you a moderate intro to the delights of the mountain hike, one taking you round the western side of Courchevel and Meribel to the village of Moulin de Burtin, the other finishing conveniently enough in another foot-soaking opportunity in the thermal springs at Brides-les-Bains.
To get higher, head to Verdons (40 minutes' drive) for the gondola up to the slopes of Courchevel, or ascend by chairlift from La Rosière 45 minutes away to the heights of Les Ecudets. If you prefer things the tough way, take the trail from Villemartin half an hour's drive away and walk up Mont Jovet for views of Mont Blanc and the Vanoise National Park. The latter, if you’ve still got some energy left, is a lush wilderness with 500 kilometres of trails for walking and biking; head 10 minutes to the information centre in Champagny-en-Vanoise to discover what’s on offer.
If there’s one thing you’ll need after all that, it’s cheese, and this being a lush region of green slopes and dairy farms, there’s a lot on offer. Make for Moutiers (20 minutes) for a tour of the cellars and to sample Savoy’s seven great cheeses at the market.
- Does Camping Bozel Le Chevelu have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Bozel Le Chevelu dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Bozel Le Chevelu? Two paths from the site give you a moderate intro to the delights of the mountain hike, one taking you round the western side of Courchevel and Meribel to the village of … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Bozel Le Chevelu?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon On-park accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.