This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Lakeside site 2km from Sallanches town and 1km from Passy lake
- Nearby activities include hiking, climbing, rafting and skiing
- Direct access to a lake, plus terrace restaurant with lake views
That's some pretty spectacular scenery… Camping l’Écureuil's setting in Sallanches among the French Alps is a 10-minute walk from Passy lake with smashing views towards Mont Blanc, 17 kilometres away.
Activities are easily reached from here: you can hike on the trails around the foothills of Mont Blanc, take rafting or kayaking trips on the Arve river, tackle one of the area's many climbing routes, head to Passy lake to bask on a beach in the mountains in summer, and zip along to one or more of the local ski resorts such as Combloux, Megève and Chamonix in winter.
Set across five hectares, Camping l’Écureuil has a friendly and welcoming vibe, and lies among spectacular mountain surroundings with its own natural lake and plenty of room to roam around. Leisure facilities include a volleyball court on the lake beach, and you can play a gentle game or two of pétanque on the courts on site too while the kids are off amusing themselves at the park's playground.
The on-site restaurant has a terrace for alfresco dining among the mountains, and you can pick up snacks and any essentials you might need from the mini market; should you require picnic supplies for your days of exploring the region, the centre of Sallanches is a mere two kilometres from base.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
You'll be kept well occupied within a simple kilometre of the site, where you can access the beach, quad biking and miniature golf at Passy lake; a treetop adventure park, plus a skate park, basketball court and football pitch. Further afield, rafting, kayaking, climbing and paragliding are available within 15 kilometres.
The local town of Sallanches, two kilometres away, is presided over by Mont Blanc, making for many spots of spectacular scenery in and around the town. Other sights to see are the 16th-century Church of Saint-Jacques and the medieval bridge of Saint-Martin, with more first-rate views from its surface.
For pampering, submerge yourself in the natural spas at Thermes de Saint-Gervais, five kilometres away, or treat yourself to one of the massages or body and facial treatments available there – you'll be in very good hands, because this place has been masterfully treating its pilgrims for over 200 years.
Among the musts in the region is a trip on the cable car ride to Aiguille de Midi, 25 kilometres from the site: swinging up to 3,842 metres on the 20-minute whirl from the centre of Chamonix to the gateway to the high Alps.
Guided tours around the foothills of Mont Blanc can be accessed 15 kilometres away; if you'd rather speed down the slopes, ski resorts including Combloux (five kilometres), Megève (15 kilometres) and Chamonix (20 kilometres) are popular regional picks.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping l’Écureuil have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping l’Écureuil dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping l’Écureuil? You'll be kept well occupied within a simple kilometre of the site, where you can access the beach, quad biking and miniature golf at Passy lake; a treetop adventure park, plus a … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping l’Écureuil?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime