This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful site near the sea on the north coast of Oléron island
- Five minutes' walk to award-winning Huttes beach
- Friendly service, bike rental and heated seasonal pool
Sea air, friendly service and sea-based shenanigans characterise this smashing site on the north coast of Oléron island, famed for its oyster parks, salt marshes and protected sand dunes.
The award-winning sands of Huttes beach are a five-minute walk away from Hameaux des Marines, a two-hectare lodge park near Saint-Denis-d'Oléron on the island's north coast. There's plenty to do on site too: a heated pool with a retractable roof is open in high season and you can borrow bats and balls to use at the ping pong table or boules for the pétanque court. Bike hire is also available on site.
Several handy door-to-door delivery services can be arranged here during July and August: you can keep up with what's going on in the outside world the old-fashioned way by having newspapers delivered daily, and pick yourself a selection of freshly baked pastries and breads. Dinner is sorted with platters of seafood freshly caught by local fishermen from the island's numerous fishing towns and villages, and barbecues are allowed if you're a more of a fan of a flame-grilled feast.
Off site there's a mini market in the village for groceries, as well as an excellent bakery for baguettes and pastries; plenty of seafood restaurants await over in Saint-Denis-d'Oléron, less than three kilometres from base.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
on y reviendra!
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
Just off the west coast of France and joined to the mainland by the Oléron bridge, Oléron island is dotted with dense pine forests, nature reserves, salt marshes and sand dunes, making it something of a wildlife watchers' haven: take a walk around the dunes that lie right behind the site, or visit the Moëze-Oléron nature reserve, 25 kilometres away on the island's south coast.
Remember to pack all your beach-based paraphernalia too, because also within very easy reach of Hameaux des Marines are several sandy beaches such as the very nearby Huttes, and La Brée-les-Bains, a 10-minute drive away on the opposite stretch of coastline.
The coastline is also fringed by several fishing ports; make sure you squeeze in a visit to Saint-Pierre d'Oléron's La Cotinière, around half an hour's drive away, and Le Château d'Oléron, a town famed for its oyster hauls and its huge waterfront fortress, Citadelle du Château-d'Oléron. Seafood sampling and wine quaffing is the standard around here, and the team at Hameaux des Marines recommend you get properly involved during your stay.
- Does Hameaux des Marines have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Hameaux des Marines dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Hameaux des Marines? Just off the west coast of France and joined to the mainland by the Oléron bridge, Oléron island is dotted with dense pine forests, nature reserves, salt marshes and sand dunes, making … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Hameaux des Marines?
On-park accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.