This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Set among an Oléron oak forest with direct access to a sandy beach
- Forage for shellfish at Passe de l'Ecuissière beach 50 metres away
- Restaurant, bike hire and central lodge with board games
Get your nets and buckets at the ready, for the seaside site of Camping Oléron Les Chênes Verts is right next to a beach home toall sorts of shellfish.
Set among a shaded forest of holm oak trees and surrounded by dunes and beaches on the western coast of Oléron island, near the village of Dolus d'Oléron, this is a tiptop spot for beach-based nature safaris and easy access to nature reserves, petting zoos and waterparks.
At low tide, take the kids out to collect Oléron’s famed oysters, as well as other shelled creatures such as winkles, cockles, clams, crabs and mussels among the rocks 50 metres away at Passe de l'Ecuissière beach, or walk a little further to hang out at the sandy bathing area 400 metres from the site.
When they’re not occupied with splashing in the sea or amassing molluscs, kids can spend time playing ping pong, volleyball or rounds of hide and seek in the forest. There’s also a pétanque court for family games, or you could the on-site bike hire service to tour the island surroundings on two wheels.
Mornings are sorted with the on-site bread and croissant order service, and with the sunny terrace for lazy hours having sweet crêpes, homemade pizzas, salads and burgers from the summer snack bar.
The well-maintained sanitary amenities are kitted out with soap and toilet paper; there's a laundry area with washing machine and dryer, and the site has free wifi at reception and on the snack bar terrace.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Great location to explore the island
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
The beach next door is probably this site’s main draw, and there’s plenty of stuff to keep both tiddlies and grownups more than occupied: go foraging for winkles, cockles, clams, crabs, mussels and oysters among the rocks at low tide, have a horseback hack along the sand, try your hand at the art of sandcastle construction, or just opt for a nice and simple sunbathe.
The landscape around here is decidedly waterlogged too, making these parts a tiptop spot for birdwatching and nature spotting: pack a picnic and your binoculars and head over to the littoral and salt marshes at Dolus-d'Oléron and Le Port des Salines, both within six kilometres.
For a kid-friendly day out, it’s a 15-minute bike ride to Aquatic Center Iléo, where swooshing around waterslides and splashing in tropical pools is the order of the day. Over at Les Ânes d'Oléron, a short drive away, kids can pet horses and donkeys, learn about their role in farming and round the day off with a donkey ride.
- Does Camping Oléron Les Chênes Verts have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Oléron Les Chênes Verts dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Oléron Les Chênes Verts? The beach next door is probably this site’s main draw, and there’s plenty of stuff to keep both tiddlies and grownups more than occupied: go foraging for winkles, cockles, clams, crabs, mussels … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Oléron Les Chênes Verts?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon On-park accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.