This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Less than two kilometres from the beach at La Tranche sur Mer
- Spectacular waterpark with pools, play area, spa and aqua bikes
- Playground, restaurant, shop and summer beach shuttle
What a waterpark! The star of the show at Vendée's Camping Le Sable D'Or is most certainly its fab aquatic centre, where there's a big outdoor pool with 55-metre waterslide, as well as a paddling pool with play area to keep you and yours happily splashing all the day long. And! If you decide to retreat indoors for a spell, there's a covered pool too – with a spa, hammam and even the means to get (slightly) active on aqua bikes.
The setting of Le Sable D'Or is pretty splendid too, in the scenic seaside resort of La Tranche sur Mer on the Atlantic coast, under two kilometres from swathes of golden sandy beach – all 13 kilometres of it, and a shuttle bus will deposit you there from the site in high season so you can transport your bucket and spade in style. Further afield, more seaside adventures can be had at Les Sables-d'Olonne 50 minutes' drive along the coast, or you can have a day or two of city adventuring at La Rochelle just over an hour south.
As befits such a spectacular waterpark, other leisure facilities Camping Le Sable D'Or are of tiptop standard: there's a volleyball court and a games room, table tennis and a pétanque court, and a playground on land as well as the one in the pool. During the summer months, staff organise activities and entertainment for all ages, including sports tournaments, karaoke evenings and discos.
The site also has a restaurant/bar, and a mini market selling groceries and local produce.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Propane/gas cylinders available
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Large (51-200 sites)
Days at the beach await: the sands of La Tranche sur Mer stretch out for 13 kilometres, for days of beach basking, sandcastle building or getting active with kitesurfing and windsurfing. Kids' clubs, miniature golf, the L'Auniscéane waterpark, and lively summer entertainment are also in town; ask for details at the Tranche sur Mer tourist office by the church in the main square.
Bike hire and cycle trails through Vendée forest are a couple of kilometres away, including the marked path of the Sentier de la Casse aux Lièvres of two and a half kilometres, and the Sentier du Bout des Cabanes of just over three. If you'd rather remain water-based, a big lake with a sailing school and lessons is just to the north of La Tranche sur Mer.
Small swashbucklers will like a day at the L'Île aux Pirates amusement park, five kilometres from the site, while mini zoologists and animal fans can zip along to the famed Zoo des Sables d'Olonne (35 minutes' drive), home to monkeys, lions and a few dozen other species.
- Does Camping Le Sable D'Or have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Le Sable D'Or dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Le Sable D'Or? Days at the beach await: the sands of La Tranche sur Mer stretch out for 13 kilometres, for days of beach basking, sandcastle building or getting active with kitesurfing and windsurfing. Kids' ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Le Sable D'Or?
On-park accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Depart by: 9 a.m.