This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly campground 25 minutes' drive from central Ottawa
- Located on Ontario Highway 31; Greely five minutes' drive
- Outdoor pool, free wifi hotspots and pet-friendly policies
On the look-out for a spot under half an hour's drive from Ottawa? A capital idea – and one that's easy to make happen with a stay at conveniently-located Camp Hither Hills, a friendly campground in Gloucester, Ontario. The big city's culture, culinary scene and world-class landmarks are all a short drive down Ontario Highway 31, with lots of attractive farmland and nature spots in the surrounding area for when you feel like a change of scene.
The sites here are generous in size and well-maintained, surrounded by plenty of greenery and a short walk from an outdoor saltwater pool. On top of that, you get access to a playground, a laundry room, a games room and a handy dog-walking area. Campfires are allowed and wood is available to buy on site (please don't bring your own to limit the spread of disease).
Greely (five minutes' drive) is just down the road if you need a food shop, hair salon or are looking for local leisure options. Other activities south of the city include several well-kept golf courses, casinos and fishing in the nearby river Rideau (10 minutes). Looking for further inspiration? This campground's friendly and knowledgeable team will be happy to welcome you in English or French and point out some of their favourite local spots.
Open from 04/15/2021 to 09/15/2021
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Water hook-up points for tourers
Orient yourself first of all towards central Ottawa (25 minutes' drive), as the Canadian capital is a showcase of art, architecture, history and food. Parliament Hill is an area worth exploring for its parks, river walks and grand Gothic revival buildings, while nearby museums like the Canadian Museum of Nature and Canadian Museum of History are on hand for informative indoor activities.
Other must-see Ottawa spots include the city's bustling Chinatown and the landscaped lawns and whitewater rivers at Rideau Falls Park, while out in the suburbs you'll come across plenty to do with the kids at Calypso Theme Waterpark (30 minutes) or Little Ray's Nature Centre (30 minutes), a zoo.
Once fully outside the city, let the call of nature guide you towards the rare plants, amazing animals and waymarked walking trails at Mer Bleue Bog (20 minutes) and Upper Canada Migratory Bird Sanctuary (an hour), or take to the well-tended greens of Falcon Ridge Golf Club (five minutes). And for evening entertainment? Head out for a friendly-game at Merivale Bowling Centre (20 minutes), or up the stakes and make a night of it at Rideau Carleton Casino (five minutes).
Permitted arrival/departure time
|RV, trailer and tent sites|
|Arrive:||noon –||8 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11:30 a.m.|
Camp Hither Hills cancelation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancelations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Payment methods accepted at the parkCash
Terms and conditionsPark booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camp Hither Hills have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camp Hither Hills dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camp Hither Hills? Orient yourself first of all towards central Ottawa (25 minutes' drive), as the Canadian capital is a showcase of art, architecture, history and food. Parliament Hill is an area worth exploring for … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camp Hither Hills?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: noon – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11:30 a.m.