This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- On the Ourthe river within walking distance of Durbuy
- Hiking, mountain biking and horse riding available from the grounds
- Fishing, beach, play area, restaurant and terrace
If you've been to the Belgian Ardennes before (and if not, why not?), you'll know that this is famed and tiptop outdoor adventuring land for landlubbers and watersporters alike. And so it is at Camping Village Sy near Ferrières in the Liège province: if for some staggering reason you don't fancy kayaking, fishing and river splashing, weeks' worth of land-based activities are easily to hand instead.
Water first? Camping Village Sy is on the Ourthe, the handsome 165-kilometre river meandering through the Belgian Ardennes to the city of Liège. Guests can fish in the river straight from the site or take a canoe, kayak or raft out onto its surface – or just find a grassy or beach spot on the banks to settle down at for some sunbathing.
On land, several hiking and mountain biking trails start from the grounds through the surrounding forests and fields, including a route to the acclaimed and teeny town of Durbuy. More sedately, have a saddle-based trek by trotting off from the grounds on one of the Camping Village Sy horses; less sedately indeed, summon up your sense of adventure and attempt to ascend the rocks of Sy, one of the best-known climbing crags in the country.
Once (somewhat) recovered from all that, stagger back to your base for a scenic and serene setting to idle around in, punctuated by trips aplenty to the cosy restaurant for eats and the terrace for drinks – niftily, there's a play area on site to occupy the kids.
Camping Village Sy is a few minutes' walk from Sy village and less than 10 minutes' drive from Bomal and its big Sunday market for picnic supplies.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Mountain biking nearby
This is lovely land, full of trails of all types in a green and peaceful setting with loads to do for all tastes and with easy access to other excellent spots around Belgium: the border with the province of Luxembourg is on the other side of the river.
Have a handsome stroling day with a walk to the small medieval town of Durbuy, set on the Ourthe at the foot of the Ardennes. The town's famed as the smallest in Belgium, as well as for its scenic cobbled streets, its shopping and its ninth-century castle. Belgian beer buffs should stop off for a sample at the Marckloff brewery; for food and souvenirs, pick up jellies and jams at the Confiturerie Saint-Amour.
Ferrières is 10 minutes' drive or about an hour and a half's walk from the site.
- Does Camping Village Sy have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Village Sy dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Village Sy? This is lovely land, full of trails of all types in a green and peaceful setting with loads to do for all tastes and with easy access to other excellent spots around … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Village Sy?
On-park accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.