This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Sprawling and leafy site on the banks of the Atuel in Valle Grande
- A 25-minute drive from Atuel Canyon and 30 minutes from San Rafael
- Swimming pool, wifi and satellite TV; breakfast supplies provided
For quiet stays in the activity-filled Valle Grande area, sort hols at Cabañas Las Escondidas, a family-friendly site in Argentina’s Cuyo region, half an hour’s drive from the Mendoza city of San Rafael.
On the banks of the Atuel river, this is a particularly scenic spot, with lashings of space to run about in, pretty views over the water, and even a good deal of shade cast by the poplars that grow around the site. It’s quiet too, as it's half a kilometre from the nearest road, and only guests of the site can use its facilities – such as the outdoor pool that will be a necessity on warmer days – so peaceful days can certainly be had.
If more active days are craved, start off on the right foot by having fills of the complimentary breakfast – hot drinks, bread, butter and jam are all provided – before venturing off on some of the Valle Grande excursions within easy reach, such as visits to the treetop course within a kilometre of base, or whitewater rafting within five minutes’ drive.
Evening time is handily sorted too. There’s a communal barbecue area for prepping dinners, and satellite TV and wifi are available if lounging on the couch sounds like the right way to spend the last few hours of waking. Prefer to stay screen free? Head outside, where clear and dark skies make this a prime spot for stargazing.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
This is Argentinian wine country, so tipplers take note: there’s plenty hereabouts to entice. A jaunt into San Rafael (30 minutes’ drive) will land guests within easy reach of a handful of wineries and bodegas for tours and tastings, and there are dozens more close at hand. Be sure to stick around San Rafael for a bit too, of course. As well as the wineries, there are museums to wander and a casino to try luck in.
Away from the city, explores will take guests among some spectacular scenery, starting 25 minutes away at the Atuel Canyon, and also taking in the Reyunos dam (50 minutes) and the Diamante salt flats (an hour).
Spending more time out in the great wide open is always a wise decision, so pass a few hours getting lost at Borges Labyrinth (35 minutes), then set aside an afternoon (or two) for explores of Las Tinajas Archaeological Park (10 minutes) and its myriad trails, cave paintings and fascinating rocky landscapes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Cabañas Las Escondidas have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Cabañas Las Escondidas dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Cabañas Las Escondidas? This is Argentinian wine country, so tipplers take note: there’s plenty hereabouts to entice. A jaunt into San Rafael (30 minutes’ drive) will land guests within easy reach of a handful of … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Cabañas Las Escondidas?
On-park accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 11:30 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.