This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly site in the stunningly scenic Glamorgan Vale
- Heritage Coast beaches within 15 minutes; 25 minutes to Cardiff
- Farm trails, secure key-pad entry, bike storage, wifi
Seeking a bit of space for serene stays in south Wales? How about 2,000 acres' worth? If you think you could cope with that, moo-ve into Cowbridge Cabins, a family-friendly site on the edge of the little town of Cowbridge.
These cosy cabins are part of Penllyn Estate Farm, explores of the area should start right there: guests are welcome to walk around the 2,000-acre farm, following trails to the lakes and traipsing through the nearby woods.
Once you’ve assessed your new pad, there’s plenty else hereabouts to entertain. This is part of the Glamorgan Heritage Coast, so make speedy splashy tracks to the coastline beaches – Ogmore, Southerndown, Nash Point and Llantwit Major (a surfing fave) are between 15 and 20 minutes away by car – or head into Cardiff (25 minutes away) for museums, rugby and theatre trips.
If shopping and eating are more appealing, they’re handily close by. Cowbridge isn’t called the Bond Street of Wales for nothing – the town is full of boutique shops and a whole host of restaurants, coffee shops and pubs, so prime that credit card before travelling.
When feet are barking and cards are gently smouldering, retreat to the site to help yourself to a free hot drink and retreat to your comfy cabin (behind a secure key-pad entry system). A verandah, garden and picnic tables await for fine days, or you can flop out indoors with TV and wifi.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Really clean and tidy, very comfortable beds!
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
- Coach stations
— 10.9 kilometers
10.9 kilometers Castle Street — 19.2 kilometers
19.2 kilometers Westgate Street — 19.3 kilometers
- Train stations
Llantwit Major Rail Station
— 6.4 kilometers
6.4 kilometers Pencoed Rail Station — 7.2 kilometers
7.2 kilometers Pontyclun Rail Station — 7.9 kilometers
- Ferry ports
Barry Waterfront Ferry Terminal
— 14.7 kilometers
14.7 kilometers Cardiff Castle Waterbus Stop — 18.9 kilometers
18.9 kilometers Taffs Mead Waterbus Stop — 19.1 kilometers
Cardiff International Airport
— 11.1 kilometers
11.1 kilometers Swansea Airport — 45.1 kilometers
Busy times await if you want them… there’s paintballing five minutes’ drive away and go-karting 10 minutes away, plus the chance to sandboard down Europe’s second-highest sand dune 20 minutes away at Merthyr Mawr. To cool off from that little lot, hit the beach at Ogmore, Llantwit Major or Southerndown (all within 20 minutes) for a paddle – or a surf lesson, if you’ve still got some energy left.
Dial down the pace a little by heading out for walks in Hensol Forest (10 minutes) or around Dyffryn Gardens (15 minutes). This being Wales, there are of course castles aplenty to see: St Quentin’s (five minutes), Old Beaupre (10 minutes) and the ruins of Ogmore Castle (15 minutes) are all worth a wander. Swing home via Glyndwr Vineyard (five minutes) or Llanerch Vineyard (15 minutes) for local tipples to chill out with back at base.
There’s another castle over in Cardiff (25 minutes), of course – along with the fab St Fagan’s National Museum of History, passionate rugby matches at the Principality Stadium and stacks of shops. If you’ve still got space on the credit card, there are more chances to give it a workout at Macarthur Glen Designer Outlet (15 minutes).
- St Fagans: National History Museum (12.9 kilometers)
- Castell Coch (16.4 kilometers)
- Millennium Stadium (19.2 kilometers)
- Holnicote Estate (29.9 kilometers)
- Dunster Working Watermill (31.7 kilometers)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Cowbridge Cabins have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Cowbridge Cabins dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Cowbridge Cabins? Busy times await if you want them… there’s paintballing five minutes’ drive away and go-karting 10 minutes away, plus the chance to sandboard down Europe’s second-highest sand dune 20 minutes away at … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Cowbridge Cabins?
On-park accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.
Entry to the cabins is via pin code. A pin will be sent to your mobile phone before arrival.Read more