This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Back to basics stays on a smallholding 10 minutes' drive from Bala
- On the edge of the Snowdonia National Park
- Campfires and dogs welcome; fresh eggs available to buy
It’s said that there are more sheep than people in Wales – and it’ll possibly feel that way for guests at Nant y Cyrtiau, a spacious Gwynedd smallholding on the edge of the Snowdonia National Park, 10 minutes’ drive from the lakeside town of Bala.
Settle in here and you’ll be sharing the site with hens, ducks, a few horses and that flock of friendly sheep – the sheep are quite happy to be fussed over, and you’re welcome to help out on site by feeding the hens and collecting their eggs (which are also available to buy for a fresh brekkie). You’ll not have to share with all that many other guests though, as the owners value peace over profit, and limit the numbers on site to just a handful at any one time.
Well-behaved dogs are welcome to join you on site; there’s a little fenced-off area where they can be left for short periods if you’re going out anywhere that they can’t tag along. Bikers are equally welcome too, and are provided with space in an outbuilding to keep bikes and leathers dry in the event of a downpour.
Being a proper rural place, facilities are limited to just a compost toilet (aka ‘the loo with a view’), but there are many ways to improvise for other needs. The folk here suggest collecting firewood in the woods, keeping your wine cool in the stream and sourcing water from the spring (although they’ll provide bottled stuff if that source dries up…)
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Friendly hosts and very helpful. Basic site but that is what we wanted
From the manager...
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay! You were great guests and we would welcome you back any time :)
Overall everything was perfect from the moment we booked it.
From the manager...
Thank you very much for your review and for sharing your photos. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay - you were lovely guests to have and we would welcome you back any time!
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
Parade Street 2
— 30.2 kilometers
30.2 kilometers Sportsman — 34.8 kilometers
34.8 kilometers Tesco — 34.8 kilometers
- Train stations
Betws-y-Coed Rail Station
— 18.0 kilometers
18.0 kilometers Pont-y-Pant Rail Station — 19.3 kilometers
19.3 kilometers Dolwyddelan Rail Station — 19.9 kilometers
- Ferry ports
Barmouth Ferry Landing
— 40.4 kilometers
40.4 kilometers Porth Penrhyn Ferry Landing — 40.5 kilometers
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
— 65.4 kilometers
Bala (10 minutes’ drive) is best known for its lake – a popular place for watersports including paddleboarding and kayaking, or for scenic puffing along on the Bala Lake Railway. Should such pursuits strike you as a touch too genteel, it’s handy to know that the town’s also home to the National White Water Centre, for adventure-filled trips on the Tryweryn River.
Got a taste for adrenaline? Follow up with outings to Zip World Fforest (25 minutes) for treetop trails, ziplines and a high-speed toboggan, the underground trampoline park Bounce Below (35 minutes) or the surf lake at Adventure Parc Snowdonia (40 minutes). The mountain bike trails at Gwydir Forest Park are 35 minutes away, and the start of the tracks to scale Snowdon are 45 minutes away.
Something a little more leisurely? Take a waterfall walk from Betws-y-Coed (half an hour), ride the Ffestiniog Railway (half an hour) or head to the coast for a smart seaside day at Italian-style Portmeirion (40 minutes).
- Bodnant Garden (31.5 kilometers)
- Portmeirion Gardens (32.6 kilometers)
- Bodelwyddan Castle (33.1 kilometers)
- Ty^ Mawr Wybrnant (17.4 kilometers)
- Bodnant Garden (31.5 kilometers)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Nant y Cyrtiau have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Nant y Cyrtiau dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Nant y Cyrtiau? Bala (10 minutes’ drive) is best known for its lake – a popular place for watersports including paddleboarding and kayaking, or for scenic puffing along on the Bala Lake Railway. Should such … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Nant y Cyrtiau?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: noon