This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- A 17th-century bunkhouse for group getaways in the Brecon Beacons
- Direct access to a 100-mile walking path through the national park
- Self-catering kitchen, lounge area, games room and wifi
Bunk up in the Brecon Beacons at Rhongyr Isaf Centre, a brill base for outdoor adventures – and family or group get-togethers – in Waterfall Country, one of the most popular parts of south Wales’ only national park.
The accommodation here is a 17th-century property with oodles of original features – from exposed oak beams to arrow-slit windows – and can cater to you and up to 42 of your closest pals in nine centrally heated bedrooms.
Speaking of catering, this spot in Powys has a well-equipped kitchen with a microwave, fridge, freezer and six-burner cooker. The dining area's got room for up to 46 people (so you might have to fend off a few bodies if you want the woodburning stove all to yourself). And when you'd rather not take care of the cooking? Award-winning pubs serving tasty meals are nearby.
The house has a living room for lounging and a couple of shower and toilet areas too. There’s also a spacious kit drying room for dumping all your outdoor gear – you might very well be muddy after walks on the 100-mile footpath that crosses the national park, a part of which is accessible from practically outside the property’s front door.
If you’re eager to embark on expeditions in the wilds of Wales, tour operators in the area organise activities like rock climbing, abseiling, canoeing, kayaking, gorge walking, caving and mountaineering.
Open from 05/17/2021 to 12/31/2021
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Had a lovely time with families. Steve(owner) grt guy, very helpful.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 19.5 kilometers
19.5 kilometers Railway Station — 19.6 kilometers
19.6 kilometers Bus Station — 21.5 kilometers
- Train stations
Treherbert Rail Station
— 18.6 kilometers
18.6 kilometers Aberdare Rail Station — 19.3 kilometers
19.3 kilometers Neath Rail Station — 19.7 kilometers
- Ferry ports
Swansea Queens Dock Ferry Terminal
— 28.9 kilometers
— 36.5 kilometers
Head to one of the highlights of the Brecon Beacons, the National Showcaves Centre for Wales (five minutes’ drive), to shuffle through the 10 miles’ worth of underground passages on the hunt for stalactites and stalagmites.
Back above the surface, set off on a wander around the many waterfalls in this section of the national park, ticking off Henrhyd Falls, the highest in the area (10 minutes), as well as the impressive Sgwd Gwladys (20 minutes) and Sgwd Yr Eira (40 minutes).
Another aquatic attraction to amble towards is Llyn y Fan Fach (45 minutes), a popular lake for pottering around. There’s a four-mile walk to be had from a car park just past Llanddeusant along a river and a mountain ridge with views down over this 10-hectare body of water.
The whole area, much like most of the Brecon Beacons, is a birdwatchers’ paradise. Turn your head skyward in the hopes of catching a glimpse of the red kites, carrion crows and kestrels while you’re strolling through the landscape.
- National Showcaves of Wales (1.6 kilometers)
- Penderyn Distillery Visitor Centre (11.8 kilometers)
- Aberdulais Falls (17.1 kilometers)
- Aberdulais Falls (17.2 kilometers)
- Aberdeunant (23.7 kilometers)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Rhongyr Isaf Centre have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Rhongyr Isaf Centre dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Rhongyr Isaf Centre? Head to one of the highlights of the Brecon Beacons, the National Showcaves Centre for Wales (five minutes’ drive), to shuffle through the 10 miles’ worth of underground passages on the hunt … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Rhongyr Isaf Centre?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime On-park accommodation Arrive: noon – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.