Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Motorcycle-only campsite with Firth of Clyde views in Ayrshire
- A 10-minute drive to Culzean Castle; Galloway Forest Park 35 minutes
- Basic facilities only; shops, restaurants and beach 15 minutes’ walk
Bikers Haven campsite is what it says on the tin – a campsite for motorcycles only, no cars allowed. The simple grass pitches are on a working farm near Girvan in Ayrshire, offering panoramic views over the Firth of Clyde towards the Isle of Arran.
It’s a relaxed, friendly sort of place too, and you can hang out over breakfast as long as you’d like in the morning. No early starts are necessary here.
This is a compact and cosy site with basic facilities including toilets, wash basins and fresh drinking water – there’s no electricity so bring a torch from home for getting around after dark.
A firepit is available on request if you’d like to grill up a barbecue feast, and you can stock up at Maidens village shop (five minutes drive or 15 minutes’ walk), which sells groceries, alcohol (best leave the bike behind) and takeaway food. No desire to cook? No problem – just slope off to one of the two popular village bistros.
Maidens has its own sandy beach (five minutes’ drive), and the majestic Culzean Castle (10 minutes’ drive) is accessible from the north end of the beach.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
This park has no on-site shower facilities.
Please note that the toilet facilities are unisex.
Guests under the age of 15 are not allowed on site.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Primitive grass tent site (no cars)
Max. persons: 2 x
One Tent allowed per campsite
Campsite size : unlimited
Ground type: Grass
One motorbike is included in the price, if travelling with 2 please select the extra.
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (U.S. Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar ($), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Excellent location being a short distance from the ferry.
Excelllent stay for bikers only
Perfect for bikers as a stopover or short base.
Family run farm.very quite .good views from tent.nearby shop
Great site location is beautiful, basic facilities but for the …
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
No hot water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
- Coach stations
— 19.0 kilometers
19.0 kilometers Dashwood Square — 46.3 kilometers
- Train stations
Maybole Rail Station
— 8.8 kilometers
8.8 kilometers Girvan Rail Station — 9.2 kilometers
9.2 kilometers Ayr Rail Station — 18.9 kilometers
- Ferry ports
Girvan Harbour Ferry Terminal
— 9.6 kilometers
9.6 kilometers Ayr Compass Pier — 19.3 kilometers
19.3 kilometers Troon Ferry Terminal — 26.2 kilometers
Glasgow Prestwick International Airport
— 24.1 kilometers
From the A719 Kirkoswald road turn onto Shanter road and follow tarmac road then farm road for about 1/3 of a mile to Shanter farm.
Local attractions and activities:
- Trump Turnberry Ailsa Golf Course: five minutes’ drive
- Culzean Castle: 10 minutes
- Turnberry Lighthouse: 10 minutes
- Dunure Castle (coastal ruins): 15 minutes
- Alloway (birthplace of Robbie Burns): 20 minutes
- Ayr Racecourse: half an hour
- Prestwick Beach: 35 minutes
- Galloway Forest Park: 35 minutes
- Troon (golf and seaside resort): 40 minutes
- Ardrossan (ferry to Arran): 50 minutes.
- Culzean Castle & Country Park (3.5 kilometers)
- Burns National Heritage Park (15.9 kilometers)
- Scottish Maritime Museum (32.6 kilometers)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|RV, travel trailer and tent sites|
|Arrive:||Anytime –||10 p.m.|
Bikers Haven cancelation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancelations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now.
The remainder is payable direct to Bikers Haven on arrival.
Payment methods accepted at the parkCash
Terms and conditionsPark booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Bikers Haven have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Bikers Haven dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Bikers Haven? Local attractions and activities: - Trump Turnberry Ailsa Golf Course: five minutes’ drive - Culzean Castle: 10 minutes - Turnberry Lighthouse: 10 minutes - Dunure Castle (coastal ruins): 15 minutes - Alloway … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Bikers Haven?
RV, travel trailer and tent sites Arrive: Anytime – 10 p.m. Depart by: Anytime
- How much does it cost to stay at Bikers Haven? From $14.69 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability