Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Traditional Mongolian yurt in a four-acre Devon field
- Lyme Regis 20 minutes' drive; Weymouth an hour
- Set on a small family-run farm; barbecue and gas hob
Higher Colston Farm has an off-grid traditional Mongolian yurt in their four-acre farm field that's great for peaceful trips to east Devon.
Kitted out with a double bed and two single futons, the glamping accommodation here comes with a logburning stove and a bag of logs (more can be purchased separately if you find yourself in need of a top-up). Traditional decoration creates a lively environment throughout.
Outside, a charcoal barbecue, gas hob (gas charged for separately) and firepit are on hand for cooking, while for kicking back in the open air you have outdoor seating and two spacious double hammocks. A kettle, cutlery, plates, bowls and pots and pans are all included to make self-catering breaks at Higher Colston Farm as simple as possible.
This traditional farm is located in the hamlet of Colston, roughly two and a half miles north of Axminster. Head here if you need shops, cafés, pubs or access to a railway station and bus routes.
Open from 07/26/2021 to 09/25/2021
Your dog must be tattooed or microchipped.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
This park has no on-site shower facilities.
At least one of the party members must be aged 18 or over.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Max. persons: 4 x
Dimensions: 5.0m width x 5.0m length (16.4ft width x 16.4ft length) Calculated area: 25.0m² (269.1ft²)
Bed linen is only provided for the double bed.
|Max. persons||4 x
5.0m width x 5.0m length
(16.4ft width x 16.4ft length)
Calculated area: 25.0m² (269.1ft²)
(1 x double bed, 2 x single sofa/futon)
|No toilets in the unit: shared facilities available.|
|No showers on park.|
|Duvets and pillows|
|Beds made up|
|Car parking by site/unit|
|Dry toilet / eco toilet|
|Kitchen corner or kitchenette|
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar ($), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Dedicated toilet per pitch
Hand sanitizing stations
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
Seaton (Devon): Sea Front Bus Stop
— 13.6 kilometers
13.6 kilometers Ilminster: Market Square Coach Stop — 13.8 kilometers
13.8 kilometers Bridport: Coach Park West Street — 17.2 kilometers
- Train stations
Axminster Rail Station
— 4.0 kilometers
4.0 kilometers Honiton Rail Station — 15.0 kilometers
15.0 kilometers Crewkerne Rail Station — 15.6 kilometers
- Ferry ports
Bridgwater Ferry Terminal
— 37.1 kilometers
37.1 kilometers Topsham (Turf Lock Ferry) Ferry Landing — 37.4 kilometers
37.4 kilometers Topsham Ferry Landing — 37.5 kilometers
Exeter International Airport
— 32.3 kilometers
Local attractions and activities include:
- River Cottage Kitchen: 10 minutes' drive
- Axe Valley Wildlife Park: 15 minutes
- Lyme Regis: 20 minutes
- Pecorama: 35 minutes
- Crealy Theme Park & Resort: 45 minutes
- Exeter Cathedral: 50 minutes
- Bicton Botanical Gardens: 50 minutes
- Weymouth: an hour.
- Mapperton House & Gardens (19.0 kilometers)
- Blackdown Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (21.3 kilometers)
- Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site (23.5 kilometers)
- Loughwood Meeting House (6.5 kilometers)
- Shute Barton (7.4 kilometers)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||1 p.m. –||Anytime|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Higher Colston Farm cancelation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancelations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Higher Colston Farm will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted at the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsPark booking terms and conditions
- Does Higher Colston Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Higher Colston Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Higher Colston Farm? Local attractions and activities include: - River Cottage Kitchen: 10 minutes' drive - Axe Valley Wildlife Park: 15 minutes - Lyme Regis: 20 minutes - Pecorama: 35 minutes - Crealy Theme Park … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Higher Colston Farm?
On-park accommodation Arrive: 1 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Higher Colston Farm? From $121.48 (for 1 night, 4 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability