This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Back-to-basics pitches next to a traditional Cornish country pub
- A five-minute drive from St Ives and 10 from Carbis Bay beach
- Friendly pub with home-cooked food, beer garden and gorgeous views
Chug on over to The Engine Inn, a traditional pub in rural Cornwall five minutes’ drive from the sought-after seaside town of St Ives, for cosy times in a friendly inn with real log fires, snug seating and a fine selection of local ales, ciders and spirits to go alongside the home-cooked meals. Just outside is an enormous beer garden with cracking views of the gorgeous surrounds plus a play area for kids who don’t have such an interest in taking in the scenery...
Pitches here also come with those splendid views – so setting up a camping chair, opening up a bottle of Cornish ale and surveying the area’s a top way to while away your time on a hol here – and allow you access to amenities within the pub during opening hours (please be aware, however, that there are no separate facilities in the pitches field).
To keep the whole site as safe and peaceful as possible, car parking isn’t allowed on the pitches but plenty of free parking is available a minute’s walk away from the field, ensuring it's as easy as possible to access your ride and rev it over to the best attractions and activities nearby...
A central location between north and south coasts means lots of outings are in fact easily doable from here: Land’s End and the seafront Minack Theatre are all within 40 minutes’ drive and there are plenty of beaches to pick from too with Carbis Bay and Zennor (both under 15 minutes) being a couple of the closest for sunbathing sessions on the sand.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Site attached to a pub with breakfast included.
Staff were very welcoming
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
- Coach stations
— 3.3 kilometers
3.3 kilometers Longstone Cross — 3.3 kilometers
3.3 kilometers Bus Station — 4.0 kilometers
- Train stations
Carbis Bay Rail Station
— 3.5 kilometers
3.5 kilometers St Ives (Cornwall) Rail Station — 3.8 kilometers
3.8 kilometers St Erth Rail Station — 4.3 kilometers
- Ferry ports
Penzance Ferry Terminal
— 7.1 kilometers
7.1 kilometers Helford Village Ferry Landing — 27.9 kilometers
27.9 kilometers Helford Passage Ferry Landing — 28.2 kilometers
— 5.7 kilometers
5.7 kilometers Land's End St Just Airport — 14.5 kilometers
14.5 kilometers Newquay St Mawgan Airport — 46.4 kilometers
Drive down to St Ives for watersports on one of its white-sand beaches – there are surf schools galore in this wave-obsessed town – or peer at the artwork in both the Tate St Ives and the Barbara Hepworth Museum and Sculpture Garden (five minutes in the car).
To eye up the birds instead travel to the RSPB Hayle Estuary 10 minutes’ drive away; if kids aren’t interested in watching out for wigeons and teals, you might rather let them flit about at the Paradise Park and Jungle Barn animal park and play centre around the same distance.
Five minutes further from the park is St Michael’s Mount, best visited at low tide to cross over the bay and onto the isle by foot, while the Geevor Tin Mine’s educational underground tours take 25 minutes to reach.
- Tate St Ives (4.3 kilometers)
- St Michael's Mount (7.0 kilometers)
- Cornwall Industrial Discovery Centre (17.8 kilometers)
- St Michael's Mount (7.0 kilometers)
- Trengwainton Garden (7.5 kilometers)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does The Engine Inn have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Engine Inn dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near The Engine Inn? Drive down to St Ives for watersports on one of its white-sand beaches – there are surf schools galore in this wave-obsessed town – or peer at the artwork in both the … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The Engine Inn?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: noon – 10 p.m. Depart by: noon