This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Wild Cornish camping on the edge of Bodmin Moor
- A quarter of an hour's drive from Jamaica Inn; Tintagel 20 minutes
- Direct access to open moorland; views over Roughtor hill
Ever dreamt of spending the evening watching the sun setting over Cornwall's highest point? Well, it’s all possible at Roughtor Walks Campsite, a small-scale rural spot on the northern edge of Bodmin Moor.
With direct access to open countryside straight from the pitches and a location just 20 minutes' drive from Cornwall's stunning north coast, Roughtor Walks Campsite is a real walker's paradise, whether you're hoping to hike up hills like Roughtor and Brown Willy, take on part of the South West Coast Path or fancy charting your own course and setting out across the moor.
Although basic, this campsite has lovely level pitches and is very easy to access. Once you've arrived and settled in, you'll be free to set up a campfire, cook your meal for the evening and plan your next day's adventure's under the night sky.
Away from base, you're within easy reach of plenty of pubs and restaurants; the nearest is about five minutes away by car, but you could also head to Jamaica Inn or a coastal seafood bistro if you fancy something special. The nearest sizeable town is Launceston (20 minutes), which is well worth visiting for its castle ruins alone.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Personally I think this place is more for hikers and weekend stays
I am already re booking to bring my children in August excellent site
Miss donna g.Confirmed
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
— 19.2 kilometers
19.2 kilometers Priory House — 19.2 kilometers
19.2 kilometers Institute — 19.5 kilometers
- Train stations
Bodmin Parkway Rail Station
— 20.6 kilometers
20.6 kilometers Coombe Junction Halt (Rail Station) — 21.6 kilometers
21.6 kilometers Liskeard Rail Station — 21.9 kilometers
- Ferry ports
Rock Padstow Ferry Landing
— 24.9 kilometers
24.9 kilometers Padstow Ferry Landing — 25.7 kilometers
25.7 kilometers Fowey Custom House Quay Ferry Landing — 31.8 kilometers
Newquay St Mawgan Airport
— 35.1 kilometers
Local attractions and activities include:
- Jamaica Inn: 15 minutes' drive
- Launceston: 20 minutes
- Tintagel: 20 minutes
- Port Isaac: 25 minutes
- Bude: 25 minutes
- Polzeath: 30 minutes
- Eden Project: 45 minutes
- Newquay: 50 minutes.
- Tintagel Castle (12.6 kilometers)
- Rock Beach (24.8 kilometers)
- Cornwall's Crealy Great Adventure Park (27.9 kilometers)
- Tintagel Old Post Office (11.6 kilometers)
- Lawrence House (16.6 kilometers)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|RV, travel trailer and tent sites|
|Arrive:||8 a.m. –||Anytime|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Roughtor Walks Campsite cancelation policy
No refunds within 1 day of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 1 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancelations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now. Roughtor Walks Campsite will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking, or at any point before the due date.
Payment methods accepted at the parkCash
Terms and conditionsPark booking terms and conditions
- Does Roughtor Walks Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Roughtor Walks Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Roughtor Walks Campsite? Local attractions and activities include: - Jamaica Inn: 15 minutes' drive - Launceston: 20 minutes - Tintagel: 20 minutes - Port Isaac: 25 minutes - Bude: 25 minutes - Polzeath: 30 minutes … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Roughtor Walks Campsite?
RV, travel trailer and tent sites Arrive: 8 a.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.