This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Quiet, family-friendly site on a working dairy farm
- Half an hour's drive from Arundel Castle or Worthing beach
- Half a mile from Downs Link National Trail; fishing by arrangement
Merrion Farm is a working dairy farm set on the banks of the Adur river. The site is located in the middle of green Sussex Weald countryside, close to top walking routes like the Downs Link National Trail (half a mile away) and the South Downs Way (five miles away). Angling fans are also welcome here – relaxing river fishing is available by arrangement.
This family-run spot has been in the hands of the same clan for nearly 90 years. Stays here will give you a real feel for the rural rhythms of a working farm – more than 100 gorgeous dairy cows call this place home and politely trot off for milking twice daily.
Keep your eyes peeled at dusk for a chance to see other critters, including badgers, barn owls and bats. You can also bring along furry animals of your own, as dogs are welcome at Merrion Farm.
This is a back to basics kind of place that's all about spending time in the open air, with pitches and accommodation spread across two exclusive-use woodland areas where you can feel free to set up campfires and barbecues (firewood can be bought on site for a small price). Clean and functional compost loos are available for guests.
Getting hungry? A fab country pub with a waterside terrace is just under a mile away. The nearest supermarket is a five-minute drive away in Partridge Green.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Very secluded almost wild camping experience with a few conveniences
Would be great for couples or a 4 who just want to switch off
An idyllic half-way experience between a campsite and wild camping!
An amazing place to escape with the family.
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Check-in: one group at a time
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
- Coach stations
— 8.8 kilometers
8.8 kilometers Little Chef — 8.9 kilometers
8.9 kilometers High Street — 12.3 kilometers
- Train stations
Hassocks Rail Station
— 11.8 kilometers
11.8 kilometers Shoreham-by-Sea (Sussex) Rail Station — 12.2 kilometers
12.2 kilometers Lancing Rail Station — 12.7 kilometers
- Ferry ports
Newhaven Harbour Ferry Terminal
— 30.8 kilometers
30.8 kilometers Bosham Hoe Ferry Landing — 41.5 kilometers
41.5 kilometers West Itchenor Ferry Landing — 41.8 kilometers
Shoreham Brighton City Airport
— 12.1 kilometers
12.1 kilometers London Gatwick Airport South Terminal — 26.1 kilometers
26.1 kilometers London Gatwick Airport North Terminal — 26.2 kilometers
Nearby attractions and activities include:
- Cuckfield Golf Centre: 20 minutes' drive
- Nymans (National Trust garden): 20 minutes
- High Beeches Gardens: 25 minutes
- Wings Museum: 25 minutes
- Worthing beach: 30 minutes
- Wakehurst (gardens and seed bank): 30 minutes
- Arundel Castle: 30 minutes
- Brighton: 40 minutes
- Parham House & Gardens (13.0 kilometers)
- Nymans (14.6 kilometers)
- Hove Museum & Art Gallery (15.4 kilometers)
- Nymans (14.5 kilometers)
- Wakehurst Place (21.2 kilometers)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Merrion Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Merrion Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Merrion Farm? Nearby attractions and activities include: - Cuckfield Golf Centre: 20 minutes' drive - Nymans (National Trust garden): 20 minutes - High Beeches Gardens: 25 minutes - Wings Museum: 25 minutes - Worthing … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Merrion Farm?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 11:30 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-park accommodation Arrive: 11:30 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.