This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Pop-up site at a west Cowes college for Cowes Week
- Central location 15 minutes' walk from all the action
- Indoor toilets and showers, breakfast café and barbecues provided
Keen to keep costs down on your Cowes Week jaunt? Pick a pitch at IntentsGP at Cowes Week, a spacious site in west Cowes that’s popping up especially for the duration of the famed yachting extravaganza.
The temporary site is setting up in the grounds of the Enterprise College, an easy 15-minute stroll from the town’s shops, pubs and restaurants – and, more importantly, all the action at the Royal Yacht Squadron. That’s not to say that you have to be attending the boatie bits and bobs at all if you don’t want to – all comers are welcome here, as the site makes a splendid base for outings all around the Isle of Wight.
Being in college grounds allows access to its smart indoor facilities, including well-kept toilets, showers and changing areas. The site team have also snaffled a catering space for a breakfast café, getting the day going with bacon sarnies, coffees and cups of tea. Outside, bring your burgers over to the barbecue area, where large communal gas grills are set up for guests to cook without having to haul their own kit along.
Other handy touches are housed in the ‘recharge tent’, where you can plug in your gadgets while chilling on the sofa or getting party prepped using the mirrors and hairdryers provided while sipping free cups of tea. Not quite time to head out yet? Head for the heated marquee for chillout time watching TV or getting warmed up by shimmying to a few tunes.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Good cheap camping - with free breakfast!
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
- Coach stations
— 13.6 kilometers
13.6 kilometers The Hard Interchange — 14.9 kilometers
14.9 kilometers Clarence Pier — 15.0 kilometers
- Train stations
Ryde Pier Head Rail Station
— 10.9 kilometers
10.9 kilometers Ryde Esplanade Rail Station — 11.1 kilometers
11.1 kilometers Ryde St Johns Road Rail Station — 11.6 kilometers
- Ferry ports
West Cowes Ferry Terminal
— 0.9 kilometers
0.9 kilometers West Cowes Floating Bridge — 1.3 kilometers
1.3 kilometers East Cowes Ferry Terminal — 1.5 kilometers
— 21.2 kilometers
21.2 kilometers Bournemouth International Airport — 36.8 kilometers
Kick things off right there in Cowes – brush up on your boat-based history by wandering over to the Cowes Maritime Museum (15 minutes’ walk) before boarding the ferry over to East Cowes and the Classic Boat Museum (half an hour). You can pick up the Isle of Wight coast path here, or keep trekking as far as Osborne House (55 minutes on foot/20 minutes by car).
Leaving Cowes behind for a bit, head south to meet the cheeky residents of Monkey Haven (15 minutes), see big birds in action at Haven Falconry (20 minutes) or take a walk with bundles of fluff at West Wight Alpacas & Llamas (25 minutes). Enough cuteness to keep you going for a bit? Aim instead for outings to Carisbrooke Castle (20 minutes), vehicle admiring at the Isle of Wight Bus Museum (35 minutes) or heritage rides on the Isle of Wight Steam Railway (25 minutes).
And then, of course, there are the beaches. Best bucket-and-spade options around here are in Ryde, Shanklin and Sandown (all around half an hour’s drive). For surfing and bodyboarding, head to Compton Bay (25 minutes); for kayaking into caves, Freshwater Bay (25 minutes) is your best bet.
- Osborne House (2.9 kilometers)
- Carisbrooke Castle (8.3 kilometers)
- Isle of Wight Steam Railway (9.3 kilometers)
- Newtown Old Town Hall (8.5 kilometers)
- Brighstone Shop and Museum (14.5 kilometers)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does IntentsGP at Cowes Week have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is IntentsGP at Cowes Week dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near IntentsGP at Cowes Week? Kick things off right there in Cowes – brush up on your boat-based history by wandering over to the Cowes Maritime Museum (15 minutes’ walk) before boarding the ferry over to East … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of IntentsGP at Cowes Week?
Arrivals are from 8am - 12pm. Pitches must be vacated by 11am.Read more