This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
The most idyllic and scenic holiday location in the heart of the Lake District.
White Cross Bay boasts our best choice of facilities and sits directly on the shores of Lake Windermere. We offer one of the most idyllic and scenic locations in the very heart of the Lake District. The panorama of the lake, surrounding fells and countryside is simply breathtaking.
Our Park facilities are unrivalled and whatever your preferred leisure pastimes, at White Cross Bay, there is enough choice to provide a full and relaxing holiday without even venturing off the park. The main features include a fabulous indoor heated swimming pool with adjoining sauna and gym. We also have the 'Flying Boat' restaurant and bar.
For your outdoor entertainment the park offers a children’s play and picnic area and charming woodland surrounds. Our restaurant, lounge bar and fast food takeaway, have a full range of drinks and meals to cater for your every taste. Sailing and water sports enthusiasts can enjoy one of the finest marinas in the area at White Cross Bay and offers one of the best boat launching facilities on Lake Windermere.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Lake and/or mountain
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
Windermere: Rail Station Coach Stop
— 2.3 kilometers
2.3 kilometers Ambleside: Bus Shelter, King Street — 4.7 kilometers
4.7 kilometers Grasmere Coach Stop — 8.9 kilometers
- Train stations
Windermere Rail Station
— 2.3 kilometers
2.3 kilometers Staveley Rail Station — 7.5 kilometers
7.5 kilometers Burneside (Cumbria) Rail Station — 11.4 kilometers
- Ferry ports
Brockhole Ferry Landing
— 1.4 kilometers
1.4 kilometers Bowness on Windermere Ferry Terminal — 3.3 kilometers
3.3 kilometers Ambleside Waterhead Ferry Landing — 3.6 kilometers
Durham Tees Valley Airport
— 98.0 kilometers
Enjoy a fantastic family holiday at White Cross Bay in the English Lake District...
Whatever your age, whether you want to enjoy the many family holiday attractions that the Lake District has to offer or if you prefer to relax at our White Cross Bay Lake District holiday parks, join us and get away from it all.
Within the Lake District National Park, South Lakeland has something to offer Lake District holiday visitors at all times of the year, in all holiday seasons. Autumn and Winter provide snow capped fells, spectacular scenery and numerous possibilities for the outdoor pursuits lover. Whilst during the Spring and Summer holiday months the area blossoms fully into life with many country fairs, attractions, events and shows.
- Brockhole - Lake District Visitor Centre (1.3 kilometers)
- The World of Beatrix Potter (3.3 kilometers)
- Windermere Lake Cruises, Bowness (3.4 kilometers)
- Windermere and Troutbeck (1.1 kilometers)
- Townend (2.1 kilometers)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does White Cross Bay have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is White Cross Bay dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near White Cross Bay? Enjoy a fantastic family holiday at White Cross Bay in the English Lake District... Whatever your age, whether you want to enjoy the many family holiday attractions that the Lake District has … Read more