Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Almost-wild camping pitches in 47 acres of the National Forest
- Twycross Zoo 10 minutes' drive away; pub across the road
- Income from pitches supports the preservation of the natural habitat
Fire and Stars Woodland Camping is an almost-wild camping site within 47 acres of National Forest woodland, just outside the little Leicestershire village of Newton Burgoland and 15 minutes’ drive from Coalville.
Stays here are not just eco-friendly but also actively help to preserve this gorgeous location: income generated on site goes towards supporting the ongoing protection of these woods and natural habitats so that they can be enjoyed by future generations too.
You’ll really have a chance to get to know those habitats for yourself on a stay here, setting up right there in the forest on spacious pitches that have firepits already dug out for safe campfire building. As it’s a proper eco-conscious site, there’s no mains water or electricity here, so you’ll need to bring torches, lamps and water supplies along with you. It’s not entirely wild camping though, as you’ll have access to compost toilets, portaloos and a shower.
There’s much fun to be had on site and in the surrounding National Forest, looking out for wildlife, climbing trees and the like. You can also easily get out to all sorts of family attractions including a zoo, a farm park and a watersports centre. If the only thing missing is a pint, you may well be pleased to hear that there’s a traditional pub just opposite the site that serves up evening meals and welcomes kids and dogs (with a play area and beer garden to top it all off).
No cars/motorcycles at the site. All cars must be parked in the designated area.
At least one of the party members must be aged 21 or over.
If making a fire, the fuel, logs and coal have to be purchased on site.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
A charge of £2.00 ($3.51) applies for the use of the shower.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
The site does not accept breeds/crossbreeds listed in the Dangerous Dogs Act (i.e. Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino, and Fila Brasileiro).
No bachelor/bachelorette parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
Check availability at Fire and Stars Woodland Camping…
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Camp Luna primitive forest floor tent site
Max. persons: 6 x
One Tent allowed per campsite
Campsite size : Max 25.0m width x 5.0m depth (82.0ft width x 16.4ft depth) Calculated area: 125.0m² (1345.5ft²)
Ground type: Forest floor
Based on a 2 night stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar ($), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Excellent site with perfect 'wild' pitches!
Woodland area, great campfire pits, wonderful friendly hosts, nice location.
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: one group at a time
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Small (11-25 sites)
Indoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
Ashby de la Zouch: Market Street Coach Stop
— 7.0 kilometers
7.0 kilometers Coalville: Memorial Square Coach Stop — 8.0 kilometers
8.0 kilometers Woodville (Derbys): Swadlincote Road Coach Stop — 10.5 kilometers
- Train stations
Polesworth Rail Station
— 11.5 kilometers
11.5 kilometers Atherstone Rail Station — 12.9 kilometers
12.9 kilometers Tamworth High Level Rail Station — 15.5 kilometers
- Ferry ports
West Lynn Ferry Landing
— 125.9 kilometers
East Midlands Airport
— 18.5 kilometers
18.5 kilometers Birmingham International Airport Terminal 1 — 31.2 kilometers
31.2 kilometers Birmingham International Airport — 31.2 kilometers
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Alpaca Park Farm: 15 minutes’ walk
- Sence Valley Forest Park: 10 minutes’ drive
- Twycross Zoo: 10 minutes
- Battlefield Line Steam Railway: 10 minutes
- Ashby De La Zouch Castle: 10 minutes
- Rebound Inflatable Park: 10 minutes
- Conkers (indoor/outdoor play areas): 15 minutes
- Bosworth Water Park: 15 minutes
- Bosworth Battlefield Heritage Centre: 20 minutes.
- Twycross Zoo (5.4 kilometers)
- National Forest (7.6 kilometers)
- Conkers Discovery Centre (8.6 kilometers)
- Staunton Harold Church (10.8 kilometers)
- Calke Abbey (13.4 kilometers)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|RV, trailer and tent sites|
|Arrive:||noon –||5 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Fire and Stars Woodland Camping cancelation policy
No refunds within 2 days of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 2 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancelations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Fire and Stars Woodland Camping will debit the balance from your card 12 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 12 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted at the parkCash
Terms and conditionsPark booking terms and conditions
- Does Fire and Stars Woodland Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Fire and Stars Woodland Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Fire and Stars Woodland Camping? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Alpaca Park Farm: 15 minutes’ walk - Sence Valley Forest Park: 10 minutes’ drive - Twycross Zoo: 10 minutes - Battlefield Line Steam Railway: 10 minutes … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Fire and Stars Woodland Camping?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: noon – 5 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Fire and Stars Woodland Camping? From $69.18 (for 1 night, 4 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability