This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-oriented RV park just off Highway 20 in Island Park
- Half an hour's drive from Yellowstone National Park
- Kayaks, canoes, drift tubes and all-terrain vehicles to rent
Hotfooting it along Highway 20 and need a place to take a rest? Pull over and park up in Island Park at friendly Mack’s Inn Henry’s Fork RV Park.
It’s not just handy highway access that makes this a fine Idaho location though – there’s also the shops, restaurants and cafés within walking distance (quite possibly a relief after long days behind the wheel), and a swathe of scenic surrounds. Stick around for a few days to fish or take waterside walks by Henry’s Fork River (a block away) or set out to see the stunning scenery of Yellowstone National Park – the entrance is a leisurely half-hour drive away.
The folk here also rent out various toys that should appeal to adventurous spirits: all-terrain vehicles to hit the area’s hundreds of miles of trails, canoes and kayaks to take out on the Snake River (five miles away) and drift tubes for those who’d rather float down the river in a more relaxed fashion.
They’ve made sure plenty of everyday essentials are covered, too: there's a laundry room, high-speed wifi and a sales point for ice and firewood, plus a playground (indeed an essential for kids who've been cooped up on the road). In a bid to make life as easy as poss, wide roads through the park are big rig-friendly and the sites are supplied with water and electrical services.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Overall great stay. Can tell it’s a new establishment.
From the manager...
We have many trees and some sites in the park don't have great coverage for wifi. We are continually trying to improve it by adding additional wifi adapters. Sorry for your problems.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent sites
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Water hook-up points for tourers
The oldest and, many would say, still one of the best – back in 1872, Yellowstone National Park (half an hour’s drive) became the first national park in the US, set up to preserve its amazing hot springs, rivers, forests and herds of native wildlife. At 3,500 square miles you could easily spend many a day/week/month touring the park, but it's worth a taster trip even if you've only got a single day to spare.
Beyond the park, there’s more stunning scenery at Mesa Falls and Sawtell Peak (both half an hour away), and wild creatures to be spotted at Island Park Reservoir (five minutes). If you're more interested in the kind of wildlife you can take home to put on the grill, take your rod up to Henrys Lake (15 minutes) to see if you can snag some trout.
The real-life Wild West is long gone from these parts, but there’s still a sniff of the old activities at the Wild West Yellowstone Rodeo (20 minutes). Get in early for a wagon ride or a creekside trail ride before the show (not on bucking broncos, you'll be pleased to hear). Lengthier scenic rides can be had from Eagle Ridge Ranch (15 minutes).
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Mack's Inn Henry's Fork RV Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Mack's Inn Henry's Fork RV Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Mack's Inn Henry's Fork RV Park? The oldest and, many would say, still one of the best – back in 1872, Yellowstone National Park (half an hour’s drive) became the first national park in the US, set up … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Mack's Inn Henry's Fork RV Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.