This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Mountain campsite with spectacular scenery
- Among the Ordesa, Gavarnie and Panticosa valleys
- Restaurant serving traditional local dishes
'In splendid isolation' is how the owners of Aragon's Refugio de Bujaruelo describe the location of their highly striking mountain campsite: one could gaze dreamily upon these site pics for quite some wistful time.
If you want to retreat up to some spectacular Spanish scenery and wildlife, this is the place to do it: Refugio de Bujaruelo is set in an alpine meadow 1,350 metres above sea level, by the Ara river and among the beaut valleys of Ordesa, Gavarnie and Panticosa.
The old Roman bridge of San Nicolás de Bujaruelo is next to the site and – yet more fabness – one can wander from the nearby Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park all the way to Gavarnie in the French Pyrenees. Walking routes for all levels of ability are all around too, from half-day hikes and tours across the Ordesa valley to longer treks to the neighboring valleys of Panticosa or Gavarnie.
All this considered, anyone with sense will be out all day from Refugio de Bujaruelo taking in the topping scenery… once back at base, batteries can be recharged via the traditional local dishes in the site restaurant (the restaurant also sells fresh bread for getting picnics sorted for the morrow).
Amenities are covered at the ladies' and gents' shower with free hot water, toilet blocks and a washing-up area.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
Walks, walks and yet more walks... lace up your boots and stride forth into the landscape for scenery that'll make your eyes water. Many a mountaineering and other outdoor activity is easy to access from here as well: ask the Refugio de Bujaruelo team for its recommendations and tips.
Nature spotting and wildlife watching are all around here too, particularly at the Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park where species to see include Pyrenean Chamois goats, boar, golden eagles and bearded and griffon vultures.
The towns and valleys of Bujaruelo, Otal and Pineta are all easy to get to from the site, along with the medieval walls of the town of Jaca and the monastery of San Juan de la Peña.
La belle France is within hiking distance: if you do the walk from the national park to Gavarnie, have the camera ready to snap many shots of the Cirque de Gavarnie and the Gavarnie Falls in it, part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Pyrénées – Mont Perdu.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Refugio de Bujaruelo have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Refugio de Bujaruelo dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Refugio de Bujaruelo? Walks, walks and yet more walks... lace up your boots and stride forth into the landscape for scenery that'll make your eyes water. Many a mountaineering and other outdoor activity is easy … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Refugio de Bujaruelo?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – Anytime Depart by: noon