This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful family site set among the peaks of the Aragonese Pyrenees
- Canyoning, rafting and canoeing nearby; skiing 45 minutes' drive away
- A 10-minute drive into Bielsa for restaurants and a public pool
Get your raft at the ready, for there’s lots of watery river action to be had around this high-up Pyrenean farm site: set among the smashingly scenic wooded hillsides of the Aragonese Pyrenees, Caserio San Marcial is within handy reach of several local adventure sports companies that operate tours and canyoning and watersports excursions the nearby Cinca, Ara and Esera rivers and, elsewhere, muchos outdoorsy antics of a land-based variety like hiking, cycling, mountain biking, caving, ice climbing and 4x4 excursions are splendid active options too.
For poolside days and family splashes, several public pools are in the area; the closest is at Bielsa, eight kilometres from base, with several others further afield at Plan, Labuerda and Aínsa, all within 25 kilometres. Or instead, might a family pedal around the local hills sound appealing? Then the convenient local bike hire service sorts this.
And how about on site? This is a splendidly spartan spot: there’s no entertainment to distract you from admiring your peaceful mountain surrounds, which means lots and lots of relaxing is in store with a stay here. Your super friendly hosts Luis, Nati, Cristina and Marcial will make you feel most at home, and are ever enthused to offer up all their expert local knowledge to ensure that their guests make the most of this spectacular mountain locale.
Pitchside picnics are what you’ll be dining on here, but if ever the need for a break from catering for oneself arises, a tapas that serves sumptuous Spanish cuisine is a 10-minute drive away in Bielsa’s town centre.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed low season only
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
The valley’s principal town Bielsa, a lofty 1,024 metres above sea level, lies 10 minutes’ drive away alongside the Cinca river, and is a splendid spot to spend a few hours wandering around: the Renaissance town hall is set in the main square, where you’ll also notice the carnival museum and a splendid 15th-century church. Climb a few hundred metres more above sea level, north along the Cinca, and you’ll reach the village of Espierba for yet more spectacular views over the valley; Parzán, 11 kilometres from base, is the last town along this road before it takes you over the French border.
Elsewhere, a 20-minute drive will take you right to the edge of Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park via the Pineta valley, the aesthetic of which changes most spectacularly with the seasons; after traversing hillsides carpeted in forests of beech, fir and pine you’ll reach an ancient hermitage, and a large esplanade among alpine pastures on the other side of the river is the departure point for lots of hiking excursions high up into the peaks.
For trips over the border into neighbouring France, the Barrosa river valley takes you there via the three-kilometre Bielsa-Aragnouet border tunnel, which leads swiftly to the alpine ski slopes of Piau-Engaly, 45 minutes away, as well as to the pistes of Saint-Lary, Peyragudes and Val -Louron, all within an hour-and-20-minutes’ drive. The Oredon and Cap-de-Long lakes are another couple of spots well worth a visit around there, so pack up your picnic hamper with locally sourced treats and prepare for long days of highly scenic waterside hikes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Caserio San Marcial have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Caserio San Marcial dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Caserio San Marcial? The valley’s principal town Bielsa, a lofty 1,024 metres above sea level, lies 10 minutes’ drive away alongside the Cinca river, and is a splendid spot to spend a few hours wandering … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Caserio San Marcial?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 9 p.m. Depart by: noon