This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly rural site on a working farm spread over 67 hectares
- A 15-min drive from Ceres fruit farms and less than an hour from Paarl
- Plunge pools, playground and braai areas on site
They call it Fynbos Guest Farm, but it’s not just bush-like fynbos that fills this 67-hectare estate five minutes’ drive from the Western Cape town of Wolseley. Much of the space is taken up by a working farm – so come prepped to meet a collection of friendly farm animals (even friendlier if you're bearing apples, carrots and other such treats for them).
Fynbos and farm come together to form a most peaceful rural retreat, one that maintains its atmosphere with a no-noise/no-music policy (all the better to hear the birdsong and have a good night’s sleep) and a speed limit of 15 kilometres per hour to ensure the safety of all lives on site. Being in a countryside location, water comes from a borehole so guests are asked to keep an eye on how much they splash around.
Speaking of water, the farm has a couple of plunge pools to cool off in on a hot summer’s day, and a bathroom block that’s cleaned daily. Barbecues are encouraged at the braai areas provided, and there’s firewood and ice for sale to help proceedings along. Any food you need to stash away until cooking time can be kept in the guest fridge, so feel free to stock up at the supermarket in town while you’re there.
The area around the farm lends itself to outdoor activities: walking trails leave from the site or you can find something more challenging nearby in the Witzenberg Mountains. Horse riding, ziplining and fruit picking are all within 15 minutes, and the wine estates of Paarl less than an hour away.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Amazing campsite and animal sanctuary near Tulbagh
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
A wander around the site is a good place to start (there’s plenty of space for such activities, after all…), but if you want a lengthier hike, it’s recommended that you head to the Witzenberg Nature Reserve (10 minutes’ drive), for mountain paths and splendid lakes views.
For a different way to see the scenery, exchange hiking shoes for horse riding boots at the stables 15 minutes’ drive away or take it all in at high speed whizzing along at Ceres Zipslide Adventures (also 15 minutes).
Something a little more leisurely? If you’re here in the right season, stick around in Ceres (15 minutes) to tour through a fruit farm, plucking punnets full of juicy cherries. They’ll be a fab follow-up to your evening braai, and it’ll be even better if you pick up a bottle or two from the wine estates around Tulbagh (15 minutes).
Head a little further from the site for trips to Karoo National Botanical Gardens (half an hour) or to the famed wineries and foodie shops around Paarl.
- Does Fynbos Guest Farm have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Fynbos Guest Farm dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Fynbos Guest Farm? A wander around the site is a good place to start (there’s plenty of space for such activities, after all…), but if you want a lengthier hike, it’s recommended that you head … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Fynbos Guest Farm?
Camping and touring Arrive: 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 11 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. Depart by: 11:30 a.m.