This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family resort on the Sabie River and the famed Panorama Route
- A 10-minute drive from Sabie Falls; an hour from Kruger National Park
- Heated rock pool, cold-water pool, open-air bar and playground
Now, this is something extra special. Book yourself in at Sabie River Camp in Mpumalanga province, to have the Drakensberg escarpment mountains as a backdrop… and a setting an hour's drive along the famed Panorama Route to the also-famed Kruger National Park. Pack your camera and keep your eyes peeled: this game reserve's home to mighty creatures like lions, leopards, rhinos, elephants and buffalo.
When you’re not spotting the Big Five or shopping for African arts in Sabie, less than a 10-minute drive away, the waterfalls dotted across the popular Panorama Route await. There’s Mac-Mac, Lone Creek and Bridal Veil, all between a 10 to 15-minute drive from the site, with walking paths and viewing spots galore for soaking up the sublime South African scenery.
Back at site, pull up a pew on the wooden deck to take in views of these flat-topped hills or the Sabie River (where you can also go fishing). If the heat's spiking, dip your toes into the water, or better yet, dive into the cold-water pool back at the park.
Temperature not so high? There’s a heated rock pool for a little water-based relaxation after a round on the park’s free putting greens. Off-site, for aquatic-focused leisure of a different kind, the Sabie Falls are less than a 10-minute walk away.
Heading off on a 4x4 safari to Kruger? After watching the wild animals at their watering holes, what could be better than sampling a couple of beers in the human equivalent: the site's pub...?
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Sabie River Camp's half an hour's drive from the panoramas over the rainforest at God's Window in Blyde River Canyon National Park – keen birdwatchers can keep an eye out for rare winged creatures like blue swallows and Taita falcons too.
While there's plenty of nature to amble around and creatures to spot, you can’t travel in South Africa without seeking a few thrills too. Book adrenaline-fuelled activities like abseiling, white water rafting and zip-wire travailing in Induna, about half an hour's drive away, or simply pitch up at Sabie Falls to climb at the gorge.
Further along, at around 45 minutes away, the millennia-old Sudwala Caves are full of fossils for fans of prehistoric sights. They're also right next door to a family-friendly Dinosaur Park, where you can learn about the animals that once roamed the area.
Up for heading northbound of Sabie River Camp instead? Bourke Luck Potholes showcase a different sort of natural phenomenon, with the water swirling through the sandstone gorge leaving a pockmarked landscape behind. Walking trails, bridges and viewing areas here let you get up close and personal with this unique landscape around an hour's drive from the park.
- Does Sabie River Camp have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Sabie River Camp dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Sabie River Camp? Sabie River Camp's half an hour's drive from the panoramas over the rainforest at God's Window in Blyde River Canyon National Park – keen birdwatchers can keep an eye out for rare … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Sabie River Camp?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.