This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful waterside site with stunning views across the Austnesfjord
- A 10-minute drive from Svolvær and on the E10 for road trips
- Hire boats on site for fishing trips in well-stocked waters
There’s really only one word for the views from Hammarstad Camping, and that word is ‘wow’ (yes, you may pop off and have a quick flick through the pics at this point for a quick diversion from your day’s activities…)
This laidback Lofoten islands site is right on the banks of the Austnesfjord, its watery views framed by the peaks of the mountains beyond. The midnight sun keeps the view in sight throughout the height of summer, and the Northern Lights have been known to put in an appearance on winter nights. Managed to snap pics? There’s free wifi on site to help you share them with envious pals back home.
It’d no doubt be tempting simply to put one’s feet up and spend all hours simply gazing out at the gorgeous vista provided right there but that would be to miss out on more spectacular scenery and the various activities at this nifty Northern Norway location. Scenic hiking trails, both at sea level and up in the mountains, are plentiful, and guests can hire small boats for days fishing the fjord’s waters (touted as having some of the richest fish stocks in Europe, no less).
Getting out to the more far-flung corners of the archipelago is fairly straightforward, as the site is just off the E10 for easy road trips by car or bike. That same road also swings through Svolvær, 10 minutes’ drive away and your nearest town for supermarket supplies and restaurants.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
The waters hereabouts have a reputation for being a fine place to catch fish (the rich waters here are frequently used for championships, and may well also give a good chance of a bit of beginner’s luck…) Bag a boat on site or head down to Svolvær (10 minutes’ drive) for guided trips. Svolvær’s also a splendid spot for boats of other varieties: guests can hire kayaks here or board RIB safaris in search of seals and eagles.
For guaranteed spottings, take the 20-minute drive to Lofoten Aquarium, where seals, salmon and various other sea creatures dwell. The Lofotr Viking Museum, an hour’s drive away, is worth a visit, too: it’s home to the world’s largest Viking longhouse and often stages fab Viking feasts of an evening.
Much of the attraction of this area, though, is simply in seeing the scenery: ask on site for details of top hiking spots, or take boat trips from Svolvær to meander around nearby islands. Sea-view horse rides and golf are 45 minutes’ drive away in Gimsøysand; depending on the season, you can seek out scuba diving, snorkelling and snowshoeing trips with a drive of half an hour or so, too.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||3 p.m. –||Anytime|
Hammerstad Camping cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Hammerstad Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Hammerstad Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Hammerstad Camping? The waters hereabouts have a reputation for being a fine place to catch fish (the rich waters here are frequently used for championships, and may well also give a good chance of … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Hammerstad Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: noon