This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Active kid-friendly site between Malpie and Leenderbos nature reserves
- A half hour’s drive from Eindhoven and 45 minutes from Den Bosch
- Outdoor pool, go-karting, miniature golf and ice cream parlour on site
For a top-notch mix of nature-filled days and energy-filled activities, make tracks for Recreatiepark Brugse Heide, a family-friendly site less than 10 minutes’ drive (around four kilometres) from the North Brabant town of Valkenswaard.
Five minutes from Malpie nature reserve and 10 minutes from Leenderbos nature reserve, the site is well-placed for outdoor activities, with walking routes and (of course) cycle paths traversing both reserves, and bike rental available on site. More of a swimmer than a biker? Guests at Brugse Heide get free entry into the indoor aquatic centre at Oostappen Vakantiepark Blauwe Meer (25 minutes).
Sticking much closer to home base comes highly recommended too, so don’t divest all energy on explores. During time on site, you can try you hand at go-karting, miniature golf or basketball, then cool off in the outdoor pool or simply lounge by the water in the sunbathing area. During high season (and most Dutch school holidays), even more is on offer, with a kids’ club and a recreational train that drives around the site.
On days when cooking doesn’t appeal, eats are handily sorted on site: a snack bar and ice cream parlour cater for quick bites on the go, while the bar and terrace have more substantial offerings with a view over the pool. If self-catering does suit better, barbecues are available for hire.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Get a feel for this part of the Netherlands by starting stays with a deep dive into local history: it’s less than five minutes’ drive from the site to the 13th-century mill complex Venbergse Watermolen, 20 minutes to the open-air Eindhoven Museum (an interactive museum with residents dressed in historical garb) and 25 minutes to Weverijmuseum Geldrop, where visitors get an insight into weaving’s significance in the area.
To get to grips with the surrounding nature instead, start with a day of tours and tastings among the goats at ‘t Geitenboerke farm (25 minutes), then travel onwards to Zoo Veldhoven (25 minutes) or, one of the largest wildlife parks in the Netherlands, Beekse Bergen safari park (40 minutes).
If days of shopping and culture are more of your thing, the site’s within handy reach of several cities, including Helmond (35 minutes), Weert (25 minutes), Eindhoven (30 minutes) and ‘S-Hertogenbosch (45 minutes). The latter, known locally as Den Bosch, is a top stop for museums, gardens and castles, and Eindhoven is a must-visit for art and history museums, indoor amusement parks and city zoos.
Fancy finishing up hols with a burst of adrenaline? The rides and rollercoasters at both Efteling and Toverland are within 50 minutes' drive.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Recreatiepark Brugse Heide have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Recreatiepark Brugse Heide dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Recreatiepark Brugse Heide? Get a feel for this part of the Netherlands by starting stays with a deep dive into local history: it’s less than five minutes’ drive from the site to the 13th-century mill … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Recreatiepark Brugse Heide?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.