This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Leafy family-friendly site with direct access to a sandy beach
- A 15-minute drive from Caulonia and an hour and 15 from Catanzaro
- Pizzeria, rotisserie, snack bar, bar and small food shop on site
If spending getaways dipping toes in the Mediterranean appeals, perhaps holidaying in Italy’s toe might be the answer? If yes, hurry along to Campeggio Afrodite, a family-friendly site five minutes’ drive from the centre of Marina di Caulonia in the Reggio Calabria province of Calabria.
From the site, it’s less than 10 metres – across a quiet seafront road – to the sandy beach fronting onto the Ionian Sea, meaning seaside strolls, swims and sandcastle-making are all within incredibly easy reach. As an added bonus, it’s about 10 minutes’ walk to the busy stretch of shops in the centre of Marina di Caulonia, and to the train station that connects the town to the Roccella Jonica hub for onward journeys to major cities up and down the country.
This is also a particularly scenic area for leisurely strolls through the hills. Start by wandering the old streets in Caulonia, 15 minutes’ drive away, before heading along to the San Nicola waterfalls. Other trails at San Giovanni di Gerace (30 minutes) and Bivongi (40 minutes) are worth the energy, as is a trip into the sprawling Aspromonte National Park (also 40 minutes) for hiking, biking, skiing and canyoning, and keeping eyes peeled for wolves and wild cats.
When legs refuse to walk a single step further, retreat to the site to unwind among citrus groves in the shade of the eucalyptus trees. Satisfy appetites awakened by lengthy hikes with pitstops at the pizzeria, rotisserie or snack bar, and wash it all down with a drink from the bar before turning in.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
If the beach across the street ceases to entertain, piling into the car for lengthier jaunts to particularly pretty spots comes highly recommended. It’s an hour and a half’s drive across the peninsula to the crystal clear blue waters of Capo Vaticano and the white sands of Spiaggia di Grotticelle, and every single second of that drive is worth it.
While out and about, turn tyres towards Reggio Calabria, also an hour and a half away. The coastal city has lots to entertain, including the Aragonese Castle, a collection of impressive palaces, lots of galleries and museums, and a planetarium.
Stick with cities with an hour and a half’s journey to Catanzaro for the museums of rock music, carriages and the military that are waiting to be explored, and for the Park of Mediterranean Biodiversity where art installations are dotted among Calabrian flowers and animals.
There’s lots of history within reach too, starting with MUSABA (a reconstructed church and art project) half an hour away. Visits to Locri, Stilo and Gerace, all within 35 minutes, give plenty more options for historical days.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Campeggio Afrodite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Campeggio Afrodite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Campeggio Afrodite? If the beach across the street ceases to entertain, piling into the car for lengthier jaunts to particularly pretty spots comes highly recommended. It’s an hour and a half’s drive across the … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Campeggio Afrodite?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 8:30 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 10 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.