This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Beachfront site a short walk from Hersonissos town centre
- Near good fishing spots and a range of watersports
- Bar, restaurant, barbecues and fishing rod hire
Just look at those sea views: and imagine dining on that beachfront restaurant terrace every evening – sounds like quite a bit of all right...
On the north coast of Crete, Camping Caravan is right by a spectacular sandy beach among Oleander trees, and close to a natural harbour prettily dotted with fishing boats and home to several bars, restaurants and shops. It's a short stroll from Hersonissos town centre, five kilometres from the vibrant resort and watersports of Malia and within 30 minutes’ drive of Heraklion and its airport.
Julia and George have it fully sorted when it comes to warm and friendly Greek hospitality (this is a fably friendly site) and lay on regular barbecue events to encourage guest mingling. You'll likely be tempted too by eats in the restaurant and its cosy taverna (the fabness of which has also been noted by gratified former guests): think Greek salads, fresh Cretan fish and small-plate specialities from a menu of reasonably priced and tasty regional fare...
A mini market is on site and a supermarket a few minutes’ walk away for sorting your own nosh; you can (should) also try your luck at landing fish to fry up on the site barbecue area, as Camping Caravan is near one of Hersonissos’ best fishing spots. No kit? No prob: hire rods from your hosts.
For general idling, Camping Caravan has a widescreen telly showing most sporting events; there's free wifi, and guests can hire Wii and Playstation games for more square-eyed sessions. Once you're ready to explore, bikes are available to hire and a bus stop is a couple of minutes' stroll down the road.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed low season only
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
Watersports like scuba diving, paddleboarding, canoeing and wakeboarding are available a short drive away (or an easy pedal if you fancy the six-kilometre ride).
Crete has lots of other top attractions on land: if you’re here with tiddlers, then take them to Labyrinth Park maze and its pathways, stairways, overhead bridges and towers, all based on the ancient Greek myth of Theseus and the Minotaur, or to Aquaworld Aquarium, for tanks filled with local sealife and reptiles from around the world.
For days outdoors, beaches and gorges are all over the isle. A highly recommended spot to have an amble around is Aposelemis Gorge; otherwise, horse riding and a golf course are available within six kilometres.
- Does Camping Caravan have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Caravan dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Caravan? Watersports like scuba diving, paddleboarding, canoeing and wakeboarding are available a short drive away (or an easy pedal if you fancy the six-kilometre ride). Crete has lots of other top attractions on … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Caravan?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – Anytime Depart by: Anytime