This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly site next to a scenic lake with a sandy beach
- A 10-minute drive to Rathenow and an hour and 30 minutes from Berlin
- Shared kitchen, volleyball, badminton and a pirate-themed playground
Swayed by stays beside sparkly lakes? Then have a hol at scenic Campingplatz Rathenow, a 10-minute drive from the old town of Rathenow, in the middle of Brandenburg’s Westhavelland Nature Park. This place is right by Steckelsdorfer See and its sandy beach, with rowing boats to hand so you can explore on water as well as land.
Submerge yourself in the lake, lie back under the sun or organise a game of volleyball; badminton and table tennis are also available and a footie field’s at the park too if you fancy a kickaround. Kids can take to the pirate-themed playground while you retreat from the rays later on under one of the many trees.
Stuff to keep the younger travellers entertained is also all around the Havelland area: the nature park covers 1,315 square kilometres of greenery, woodland and lakes for energetic wanders around the countryside and cycle rides beside the Havel river. It’s also one of Germany’s darkest areas at night, so make sure look skywards on cloudless evenings after dusk.
The smaller members of the clan might also appreciate trips to Gülper Lake 30 minutes away with the hopes of spotting waterfowl, beavers and otters on the banks as well as white-tailed eagles and red kites flying overhead.
On site, facilities like a baby-changing room make touring with tiny travellers a tad easier and a shared kitchen’s available for feeding the whole gang. Supermarkets are in Rathenow and other amenities at this well-equipped park include bathrooms with disabled access and a laundry room with a dryer.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
sehr saubere Sanitäreinrichtung
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent sites
Lake and/or mountain
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Indoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Tourer storage facilities
Water hook-up points for tourers
Once you’ve ambled around the wildlife havens near this park there’s a handful of handsome cities to see on day trips: start off in Potsdam (an hour and a half drive) for royal attractions including the massive Sanssouci Palace and the pretty Renaissance Orangery Palace with its Italianate garden dotted in fountains.
Climb up to the Historic Mill for views then get a glimpse of yet more gardens – English ones this time – around the neoclassical Charlottenhof Palace.
After pottering in Potsdam the next urban area to check out is Berlin, an hour and a half from the site by public transport; you could spend days in this excellent city but if you can only spare one make sure to swing by the graffiti murals on the Berlin Wall, the towering Brandenburg Gate and the displays inside the handsome buildings on Museum Island.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Campingplatz Rathenow have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Campingplatz Rathenow dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Campingplatz Rathenow? Once you’ve ambled around the wildlife havens near this park there’s a handful of handsome cities to see on day trips: start off in Potsdam (an hour and a half drive) for … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Campingplatz Rathenow?
Camping and touring Arrive: 3 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.