This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- In the grounds of Boën Castle 2km from a Côtes-du-Forez wine museum
- 18th-century orangery café serving breakfast and fresh pastries
- 15 kilometres from the Loire river for canoe trips, walks and cycling
If you think not much in the world is more splendid than staying in the grounds of a French castle, what a spectacularly-set site you're going to find in Camping de l'Orangerie.
For not only is it in the scenic park of the Château de Boën, just outside the Loire town of Boën-sur-Lignon, the château these days is home to a winemakers' museum, relating the extensive story of the wines and vineyards of the surrounding Côtes-du-Forez. (Boën is one of 17 AOCs in the Côtes-du-Forez wine growing region, which, if you know your wines, means that's lots of bottles you should pick up as souvenirs.)
The 18th-century orangery the site is named after is now a café selling breakfast, snacks, drinks, ice cream and bread and pastries made on the premises. Camping de l'Orangerie also has a barbecue area if you'd prefer to source supplies in town for your own eats.
Themed evenings are organised for guests occasionally throughout the year, and every two weeks in high season.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
We were welcomed by the friendly owners who showed us …
Amazing views, friendly hosts
Lovely owner, brought croissants to our van every morning
This is a fairly level site and has some very …
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Sauberer und gepflegter Platz, sehr freundliches Personal.
From the manager...
Vielen Dank für Ihre freundliche Nachricht, die wir sehr schätzen, alle Grundstücke sind 100 m² groß.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Tourer storage facilities
The Château de Boen winemakers' museum is over two floors in the 18th-century manor house of Boën castle, and includes alcohol stills, displays on winegrowing, reconstructed interiors and many objects donated by the winegrowers of the region. Games are available on museum tours for visitors aged three to 13.
A few kilometres from the museum, see the spectacular falconry displays of Volerie du Forez, or (and) have a discovery day where you can learn to handle and fly the raptors (parrots are around too if eagles seem a tad too intimidating). Another nearby option is the Château de la Bâtie d'Urfé (four kilometres), a medieval manor house upgraded to a swish Renaissance residence.
The River Loire is about 15 kilometres from Camping de l'Orangerie for walks and bike rides alongside or canoe trips on; within the same distance, you could also have a look at the historic town of Montbrison, home of the eponymous blue cheese, or go wildlife watching at the Maison des Étangs du Forez nature reserve, just outside the town of Arthun.
- Does Camping de l'Orangerie have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping de l'Orangerie dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping de l'Orangerie? The Château de Boen winemakers' museum is over two floors in the 18th-century manor house of Boën castle, and includes alcohol stills, displays on winegrowing, reconstructed interiors and many objects donated by … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping de l'Orangerie?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 9:30 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 11 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.