This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- On the banks of the Ain river, with easy access to river beaches
- Around 40 minutes' drive from France's foodie capital Lyon
- Fishing, canoeing and horse riding excursions in season
Visits to France’s foodie capital, horseback adventures, canoe trips down the Ain and learning the fishing secrets of the local lands are all possible for peeps pitching here, for this rural retreat is five minutes’ drive minutes from the A42 Meximieux-Pérouges motorway exit, 40 minutes from Lyon, and within easy walking distance of several local tour operators.
A peaceful and shaded park, Camping Les Plages de L'Ain is a quiet spot on the banks of the Ain, with direct access to the river for swimming, fishing and canoeing. Fishing is organised each week in high season and knowledgeable staff can point you in the direction of all the secret local hotspots; the site also organises three-hour canoeing trips along the Ain for guests during July and August, and a tour organiser in the village runs excursions too.
Away from the water, an equestrian centre is nearby, with introductory sessions, guided walks and scenic horseback hacks available during high season. Or stay on site instead for games at the pétanque court and two ping pong tables while the kids get stuck into outdoor games around the playground and the park grounds. An outdoor pool is also on site.
Les Plages de L'Ain has a restaurant, with evening entertainment in high season. Off site, the nearest supermarket is a 20-minute walk away in the local village of Saint-Maurice-de-Gourdans.
Open from 01/03/2021 to 31/10/2021
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Value for money and beautiful location.
Really relaxing site, love swimming in the river food was amazing
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Les aires de detente pour les chiens Le calme L'espace …
From the manager...
Dommage que nos efforts pour rectifier votre erreur de réservation se traduisent par une évaluation sévère !!! J'ai bien compris à l'arrivée de votre séjour, qu'il y avait un problème sur le type de logement réservé. Nous vous avons trouvé un logement avec 2 chambres pour réctifier l'erreur sur la typologie...qui initialement était un grand lit double. Difficile de faire dormir votre époux et son collègue dans un lit double.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Horse riding, fishing and canoeing are all right outside Camping Les Plages de L'Ain; in season, the site works independently and with local tour operators to organise trips involving all the above, and out of season it’s easy for guests to organise their own.
After Lyon, the medieval walled town of Pérouges should be next on your sightseeing ticklist: it's so handsome that it's acclaimed as one of France’s most spectacular old settlements. Also worth a look is the medieval riverside town of Châtillon-sur-Chalaronne, on the banks of a river 45 minutes’ drive from base.
Half an hour away by car is Parc aux Oiseaux: head over here to see over 3,000 birds across 300 different species among 35 hectares of landscaped parkland.
- Does Camping Les Plages de L'Ain have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Les Plages de L'Ain dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Les Plages de L'Ain? Horse riding, fishing and canoeing are all right outside Camping Les Plages de L'Ain; in season, the site works independently and with local tour operators to organise trips involving all the above, … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Les Plages de L'Ain?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 7 p.m. Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.