This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Quiet Ardèche site between a vineyard and the Chassezac river
- Visit the wine cellar reception for tastings and info
- Private bathroom and dishwashing area on each pitch
Just look at those pics. Then – correctly – surmise you'll be in a peaceful and rural place with a stay at Le Pousadou in the Ardèche… with a good chunk of vineyard living thrown in too.
This quiet countryside site in the Rhône-Alpes is on a shaded field in the grounds of the Domaine de Cassagnole vineyard, owned by the Biscarat family who've been independent winegrowers in Ardèche for decades. It's all well placed in the southern Ardèche in lush green and countryside, close to the Ardèche cliffs, and with direct access to the Chassezac river for wild swims, kayaking and beach sunbathing.
Head directly to the Domaine de Cassagnole's wine cellar reception for a warm welcome from the site and vineyard team – and possibly a little sample of the vineyard's produce…? Then get ready to get comfy: each pitch at Le Pousadou has its own private bathroom with a toilet, shower, sink and dishwashing area, on shaded areas with plenty of room for your kit.
For supplies (apart from the wine), Le Pousadou is a few kilometres from the commune of Berrias-et-Casteljau, and half a kilometre from a couple of restaurants and a shop.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Great site in stunning location
A unique site in so many ways, will book for a few days next year!
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
camping parfait pour nous
Excellent petit camping !
excellent camping chez un viticulteur emerite
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Water hook-up points for tourers
Don't spend all your time in the Domaine de Cassagnole vineyard (tempting though it may be), for there's loads to see and do around here. You can fish or swim directly from the site in the clear waters of the Chassezac river, or hire a canoe near the site and set off along the river's 84-kilometre length before it joins the Ardèche near Saint Alban Auriolles.
On land, Le Pousadou is 10 minutes' drive (or about 55 minutes' walk) from the limestone cliffs and oak trees of Païolive forest, a scenic spot between the Ardèche and the Cévennes for hiking and climbing. The site's also about half an hour from the spectacular Chassezac gorges for more hiking and climbing as well as watersports, canyoning and lazing on beaches.
Plenty of other vineyards are to hand as well as Domaine de Cassagnole: staff on site will be happy to direct you to these and to local markets so you can make as full an investigation as possible of local eats and treats.
- Does Le Pousadou have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Le Pousadou dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Le Pousadou? Don't spend all your time in the Domaine de Cassagnole vineyard (tempting though it may be), for there's loads to see and do around here. You can fish or swim directly from … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Le Pousadou?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11:30 a.m.