This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly site with pools, playgrounds and zoo by the Lot river
- 400 metres of private river for kayaking, pedal boating and fishing
- A five-minute drive to shops, eats and drinks in Livinhac-le-Haut
Camping Le Roquelongue has a prime site alongside the Lot river, with thick green forests opposite and the hills of the Aveyron rising behind. Le Roquelongue owns 400 metres of the riverbanks, a bonus for fisherfolk, who can also hire a boat to go further. Canoes, kayaks and pedalos are on offer for more frivolous antics on the Lot.
It’s a top setup for families with a playground and paddling pool, swimming pool and activities like treasure hunts laid on in the summer months. When kids aren't out hunting, they can bounce on the trampoline and bouncy castle, pet the goats and donkeys in the little zoo and test their skills at table football, while grownups sit on the terrace of the bar sipping something and watch them at it. Daily bread deliveries and an on-site grocery take the stress out of stocking up, and snacks and ice creams are served at the bar.
It’s a five-minute drive or 20 minutes’ walk into Livinhac-le-Haut, a quiet riverside town with shops and a good spread of eateries: try local speciality the estofinado, a a fish pie made with dried cod and mash. It originated when bargemen brought catches inland, so legends have it, then Aveyronais chefs added walnut oil and cream to suit the appetites of local miners. It's surely filling...
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Walkers can get their boots on right at the site, as the forest opposite is full of paths and the GR 25, the former pilgrim route from Switzerland to Spain, passes right by.
The mighty canyon at Bouzols (50 minutes' drive) makes for a classic combination of trails and splendid vistas; equally pleasing to the eye are perched villages like Belcastel (40 minutes) and Najac (an hour), medieval settlements of timbered houses and cobbled alleys clinging to the rocks.
After all that high altitude stuff, a subterranean tour of the caves at Foissac (40 minutes) make a fine contrast, for guided tours through weird rock formations and prehistoric remains. The museum at Montrosier (an hour and a half) tells you more, if you've caught the bug.
Everywhere you travel and of course back at the site, you'll see the significance of the Lot river. The Terra Olt museum at Saint Parthem (15 minutes) is devoted to the river and its human and natural history; top a visit off by heading to Flagnac (10 minutes) for a boat cruise.
- Does Camping Le Roquelongue have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Le Roquelongue dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Le Roquelongue? Walkers can get their boots on right at the site, as the forest opposite is full of paths and the GR 25, the former pilgrim route from Switzerland to Spain, passes right … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Le Roquelongue?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.