This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Lush and scenic setting alongside the Loue river in the French Jura
- A short drive to Chaux Forest, Salins-les-Bains and Arc-et-Senans
- Fishing, canoeing, kayaking and swimming in the river all available
A full 17 hectares of green and peaceful land are yours to wander at the the family-friendly Ounans site of Camping de la Plage Blanche, a well-appointed park bordered by the Loue river and right at the foot of the Jura mountains.
A heated outdoor pool, spa and kids’ paddling pool are among the modern facilities here, all surrounded by plenty of sun loungers alongside on the roomy sundeck. Kids have a play area with swings and slides, as well as lots of room for running around and playing games like football, volleyball, handball and basketball at the park's spacious sports areas.
July and August sees a packed family activities programme with pursuits such as crafting, treasure hunts, beginners’ fishing courses, pony rides and sports tournaments during the day, and magic shows, astronomy parties, open-air cinema nights and live music concerts in the evenings.
More water-based antics can also be had in the river flowing by the site: have a swim or try your luck at catching fish, or if you’re up for an explore, head to the site entrance to find out about renting a canoe or kayak from the neighbouring watersports base.
Foodwise, the snack bar and seasonal pizzeria restaurant sort your on-site eats, and freshly baked bread and croissants are available each morning.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent sites
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
As the site is set right next to the Loue river, you’re within very easy reach of easy riverside ambles, fishing, canoeing, kayaking and peaceful paddles and swims.
For woodland walks a little further afield, Chaux Forest lies 15 minutes’ drive from base and is crisscrossed by waymarked walking trails, cycle routes and bridlepaths – pack up a picnic and plan to spend a day here, as there are 20,000 hectares to roam around France's second-largest woodland area here.
An easy 18 kilometres away is the town of Arbois, where you can explore the exhibits of the Jura Vineyard and Wine Museum in Château Pécauld. For pamper-themed days instead (and/or to visit its Romanesque church and the Great Saltworks UNESCO World Heritage Site), the spa town of Salins-les-Bains is 21 kilometres away.
- Does Camping La Plage Blanche have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping La Plage Blanche dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping La Plage Blanche? As the site is set right next to the Loue river, you’re within very easy reach of easy riverside ambles, fishing, canoeing, kayaking and peaceful paddles and swims. For woodland walks a … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping La Plage Blanche?
Camping and touring Arrive: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.