This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful and spacious site a 10-minute walk from Chagny
- Next to the Dheune river and close to Burgundy vineyards
- Restaurant and sports on site; discounted access to local pool
What’s on the agenda for your Burgundy vacances? Relaxed rural rambles or bike rides, perchance? Taking in the views from a climbing trip or hot air balloon ride, or zipping through the trees at an adventure park? Château trips and vineyard visits (mais oui)?
Should the answer be something along the lines of ‘all of the above, merci, Camping du Paquier Fane could well be an excellent choice. This family-friendly place by the Dheune river is a mere 10 minutes’ stroll from the town of Chagny (for easy access to shops, restaurants and train station) and a short trot from a voie verte path for peaceful bike rides. Vineyards, châteaux and all sorts of outdoorsy activities are a cinch to reach from here too.
Loaf about on site for a bit and there are games of tennis, table tennis, badminton and pétanque to play, and a playground for les enfants; if you’re feeling a little overheated, the municipal pool a couple of minutes' walk away has discounted entry for site guests.
The restaurant/pizzeria is open for dinner on summer evenings, and the shop sells useful bits including ice creams and fresh bread.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Excellent site, clean facilities, friendly and helpful staff
G W G.Confirmed
Really lovely. We stayed one night on a stopover but would go back
Excellent site, would stop there again
Good facilities, showers, toilets (both shared). Bar and restaurant.
Excellent stopover or base for wine touring.
Great site, will visit again
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Fill your lungs with fresh air by wandering out to the riverbank for a walk or a quiet bit of fishing, or take your bike to the voie verte path 500 metres away for a rural ride (rollerblading is a popular pick here too).
If you’d like to get up close to the cliffs, there are great climbing routes a couple of kilometres away in Remigny; if you’d prefer a more wide-ranging view, hot air balloon rides can be had from Meursault 15 minutes away. Wannabe Tarzans can take to the treetops on the adventure course at Acrogivry 20 minutes from base.
For more leisurely days out, take grand tours of Château de Rully or Château de la Rochepot, or get set for a day of wending your way through the local vineyards – there’s quite a cluster to explore within a drive of 15 minutes or so. Beaune, 20 minutes away, and Burgundy (40 minutes) are also good places for a vino or two, as is Couches (20 minutes), where you can take a quad bike tour around the surrounding vineyards and châteaux.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Du Paquier Fane have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Du Paquier Fane dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Du Paquier Fane? Fill your lungs with fresh air by wandering out to the riverbank for a walk or a quiet bit of fishing, or take your bike to the voie verte path 500 metres … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Du Paquier Fane?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11:30 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.