This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful glamping site in the woods outside Saint-Priest-Bramefant
- An hour's drive from Puy-de-Dôme and Le PAL theme park
- Well-equipped yurts with bed linen and towels supplied
Folks with a penchant for the finer things in life, cast your eyes over Yourtes Royales, a glamping site in the woods five minutes’ drive from Saint-Priest-Bramefant.
As you may well have divined from the name, the surrounds here are rather swish – each of the palatial pads has its own well-equipped kitchen, dining area and comfy living area with flat-screen TV and DVD player. Inside each heated and air-conditioned yurt there’s also a private bathroom with toilet and shower (chilly late-night dashes for the loo being decidedly un-regal, n’est-çe pas?) Towels and bed linen are supplied, so all you need bring is your collection of royal robes.
Around the yurts is plenty of space for relaxing, with each one having its own wooden deck where the elders can settle with a glass of wine while the princelings/princesslings run about and play games.
When it’s time to head out from your aristo-worthy abode, you may like to take a trip up to the spa town of Vichy or historic Clermont-Ferrand, or perhaps ride the train to the top of Puy-de-Dôme, the most famed of the Auvergne’s volcanoes. With mini royal guests in tow, it’s about an hour’s drive to the excellent Vulcania and Le PAL theme parks.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Start your day out in Vichy, 20 minutes’ drive from the site, with a trip on the town’s little tourist train to get your bearings. Later on, there are riverside walks to be taken, museums to visit and, of course, thermal spas to soak in. Golfers can play a round or two at one of the town’s two courses.
For a glimpse of how the real royals lived, take the 10-minute drive to the Domaine Royale de Randan, where the ruined 19th-century castle is in the process of being restored. There’s a fab collection of art and everyday items here that give glimpses into life as master and servant, and extensive grounds to roam around.
Top days out nearby with the small sorts include Le PAL, an excellent theme park with exciting rides and animal attractions. It’s also worth making the hour-long trip to Puy-de-Dôme to scale the dormant volcano (on foot or using the panoramic train depending on how intrepid you’re feeling) and learn more about geology through the rides and exhibits at Vulcania theme park. All are about an hour from the site.
- Does Yourtes Royales have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Yourtes Royales dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Yourtes Royales? Start your day out in Vichy, 20 minutes’ drive from the site, with a trip on the town’s little tourist train to get your bearings. Later on, there are riverside walks to … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Yourtes Royales?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 11:30 p.m. Depart by: noon