This campground/park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Hillside olive farm on a Dalmatian island
- Peaceful and remote location in a wildlife haven
- Dog-friendly site 10 minutes' walk from the local village
Natural camping among nature and on a hillside olive farm on a Croatian island… ižn't this simply splendid.
The appropriately named Iž Campsite is on the Croatian Dalmatian island of Iž, an isle of wildlife and sublime beaches, blue bays and spectacular scenery day and night; this is galactically good stargazing land too.
The Iž owners are firm advocates of natural camping, using renewable energy, solar-powered electricity and tanked water, all on their simple but spectacularly scenic site surrounded by an orchard of olive trees. The basic facilities include a small campers' kitchen for cooking, showers and toilets, and a washing-up area. Small barbecues are allowed in designated areas.
Restaurant, small cafés and a supermarket are in the local village a 10-minute walk away; the nearest major city is Zadar, an hour's ferry ride away.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Mountain biking nearby
Iž is rightly popular with tourists from both Croatia and further afield for its spectacular beaches and clean clear waters, along with handsome bays for snorkelling and other watersports.
Walking and cycling the less than 18 square kilometres of the island's span are also top picks: take the hilly hiking paths to the surrounding villages or to the peaks with smashing views over the bays below, dotted with tiny islands (most reachable by ferry if you fancy exploring).
An hour by ferry will take you to Zadar, the spectacular and ancient coastal city that's the oldest continually inhabited one in the country. Among its many fab old sights to see are the Venetian and Roman ruins of its Old Town, the Roman forum, the 11th-century convent St Mary's, the Venetian gates and the 12th-century cathedral: a trip to this town is very much a must.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and caravan|
|Arrive:||noon –||6 p.m.|
|Arrive:||noon –||6 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10:30 a.m.|
Iž Campsite cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
Bookings cannot be amended within 7 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now.
The remainder is payable direct to Iž Campsite on arrival.
Local eco tax of EUR1.00 ($1.49) per unit per night is not included and must be paid on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Iž Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Iž Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Iž Campsite? Iž is rightly popular with tourists from both Croatia and further afield for its spectacular beaches and clean clear waters, along with handsome bays for snorkelling and other watersports. Walking and cycling … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Iž Campsite?
Camping and caravan Arrive: noon – 6 p.m. Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: noon – 6 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.