This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Quiet site near Encantadas, on the car-free Ilha do Mel
- 25 kilometres of beaches to explore; good surfing spots
- Toilets, showers, shared kitchen and communal barbecue
Sitting in traffic, wishing there were no cars on the road? A stay at Camping e Pousada Tia Lenita, on Ilha do Mel, will see that wish come true. On this nature reserve island not only are there no cars allowed, but there aren't even any roads, with access only by boat.
This is a splendid spot if you don’t like overcrowded hols, as there’s a cap on the number of people allowed on the island (5000 each day) to ensure plenty of space for all to chill out.
So, no cars, no roads, few people… what’s in store? The main pull here is the 25 kilometres of dreamy beaches, and at Tia Lenita, in the south of the island, you’ll be a short walk from Encantadas beach, which is also home to a photogenic cave, the Gruta das Encantadas – a mighty pretty spot for a pic with the ocean behind you.
Back at base are toilets and hot showers for washing off the day’s sand. There’s also a shared kitchen with a stove, fridge and utensils, as well as a communal barbecue area, so preparing meals is a cinch. Supplies can be picked up in Encantadas village, which also has food and drink spots if you don’t fancy doing the cooking yourself.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
When it’s time for a new bit of sand to laze around on, or different waves to surf, set off on foot to some of Ilha do Mel’s other beaches. Miguel (25-minute walk), Grande (45 minutes), Fora (55 minutes) and Farol (an hour) are all top picks, and you can cycle instead if you want a quicker jaunt to the sands.
There are a couple of sights to tick off while you’re on your travels, too. The Fortaleza de Nossa Senhora dos Prazeres (an hour and a half away on foot) – which translates to Fortress of Our Lady of Pleasures – is an 18th-century fort with artillery weapons in place and a brill view from the lookout. A trek up to the Farol das Conchas (an hour) – meaning Lighthouse of the Shells – also comes with spectacular views across the island.
If you want a day away from the island, get a boat to Paranaguá (an hour and a half), where you can look around the Aquário Marinho de Paranaguá aquarium and the Federal University of Parana Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology. The journey to Pontal do Sul is shorter – half an hour – for another fab beach, with views towards the island you’ve been calling home.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||10 a.m. –||5 p.m.|
|Depart by:||4 p.m.|
Camping e Pousada Tia Lenita cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
Changes cannot be made once you have booked.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping e Pousada Tia Lenita have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping e Pousada Tia Lenita dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping e Pousada Tia Lenita? When it’s time for a new bit of sand to laze around on, or different waves to surf, set off on foot to some of Ilha do Mel’s other beaches. Miguel (25-minute … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping e Pousada Tia Lenita?
Camping and touring Arrive: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Depart by: 4 p.m.